IP Masq. Under 2.2.x

Post by Michael Harsc » Thu, 25 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Why might my IP masqerading have stopped working when I switched to the 2.2
kernel from 2.0.36?  PPP works fine.

IP Masq. Under 2.2.x

Post by Michael Harsc » Thu, 25 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Nevermind.

>Why might my IP masqerading have stopped working when I switched to the 2.2
>kernel from 2.0.36?  PPP works fine.

IP Masq. Under 2.2.x

2.0.36 used ipfwadm, 2.2 uses ipchains :)

Post by Erik Hense » Fri, 26 Feb 1999 04:00:00

>Why might my IP masqerading have stopped working when I switched to the 2.2
>kernel from 2.0.36?  PPP works fine.

Sigh. Read Documention/Changes. Read.

--

1. Kernel 2.2, IP masq pool, possible?

Hello.... just wondering if the following is possible under 2.2.... I need to
have "pool"of IPs availible for masqing only when communicating with
a specific subnet. If the packet is not going to the special subnet then
it doesn't get one of those masq's, it get's the "default". But when
someone opens a connection to the subnet, they need to "lock" the ip
until they disconnect (Ideally users would get connection refused
or the like). Any Ideas? I know this should be more than possible under
2.4, but I am working with embeded systems (x86 based), and 2.2 is the
only kernel that's been ported to them and tested....
Thanks...

2. 'Path for the shared libraries which I do not have direct dependency' also in LD_LIBRARY_PATH

3. Kernel 2.2 IP MASQ NET doesn't work (SuSEFirewall)

4. How to set Telnet on Port 24?

5. Kernel 2.2, IP masq pool, possible?

6. How to connect my network to cable modem on diff network?

7. IP Masq with Linux 2.2 Kernels

8. I need a .talkrc file

9. IP Masq'd Workstation to connect to IP Masq'd Workstation

10. IP Masq - Specify IP to Masq as?

11. Configuring net (IP-tunnel, IP-Alias, Proxy-ARP, NAT, IP-Masq?)

12. IP Chains, IP Masq, and Dial on Demand Problems

13. Kernel 2.2.1:IPCHAINS:IPPORTFW:IP port forwarding: IP Masq: ipmasqadm