DNS/POP3/NNTP Server Setup

Post by Staf » Tue, 03 Jun 1997 04:00:00

First Apologies - This may be a repeat message.  My machine crashed as I
posted my first attempt so I'm unsure if it made it here.  Sorry!

I need to setup up my Linux (Slackware) server to work as a POP3/NNTP
server for a course I need to run.  It only needs to be accessed by a
maximum of 12 people so I 'm sure the one server is sufficient!  At the
moment I only have an IP address for the box.  I know I can set a hosts
file on the machines that will access the server so give it a 'real' name
of my choosing, but I'd prefer to set the machine up as a DNS server.

This is for another reason also.  I want to use the server as a gateway to
the internet for the other machines and would perefer to have all basic
internet functions run from the one server.

I'd appreciate any help!

I will check back here periodically though if you can't.

Thanks again!

Matt.

[...]

1. Home POP3 server connect to ISP POP3 server

Hello,

I'm a newbie for Linux. I already have a masq network at home serving
internet masq and file sharing. I wanna to setup a home POP3/SMTP server
for our family members and I only got a dial-up connection to the ISP
with one single email address. Is it possible to setup several "home"
email addresses within my private network but still be able to send out
to the world through my single account in the ISP?

I have tried to look at some HOW-To and books but nothing mentions on
this directly...

Thanks in advance

Kelvin

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

2. about the cvs remote vulnerability

3. POP3 and DNS setup

4. The Data Display Debugger (DDD) 2.2.2 is available

5. DNS & NNTP server on Linux

6. Partition help needed [Novice installer]

7. NNTP fetcher & NNTP server

8. NFS over Internet

9. News server (nntp) setup

10. Any suggestions on software to use to setup an NNTP server

11. Netscape, POP3 server, DNS

12. pop3/dns server problem?