Suse Linux And Win98 in network for dummy

Suse Linux And Win98 in network for dummy

Post by Laurent Dele » Fri, 08 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I would like to connect my PC with Linux Suse 5.3 and my laptop with
win98. Both have an ethernet card and can be directly connected. I have
understood that I should use SAMBA to do the connection, but I don't
know how !
Is there somewhere any basic help on the package to install, the
configuration to use for a simple network like this ?
How should I configure win98 to see my Linux server ? Should I use a
Novell emulation, start win98 in Novell client or Microsoft Network ?
Where should I tell Linux that my laptop is an user ? Is there any list
of host to configure ?

Thank you for any kind of help

1. GPL'd "Linux networking for Dummies" - Covers all networking aspects of linux

"Linux Networking for Dummies"

Linux networking for dummies, is an Online GPL'd book that will
cover all aspects of configuring your linux box for networking. From dialup
PPP connections to the many big ISP's to configuring a firewall and a proxy
server.

The book will touch bases with the major distributions, have many examples
and contain information for the beginner linux up to the expert user.

We are currently seeking sponsors for this project, you may also browse the
many other projects available seeking sponsorship. If you are interested in
showing your support, please visit http://www.cosource.com
and view our project.

Thanks for your time, and we hope to see your support.

You may view the project plans for the Online book at
http://www.cosource.com/cgi-bin/cos.pl/bid/info/15

Thanks Again!

--
Byron Miller

2. netgear EA201 Network Interface Card (NIC)

3. Slow Network Linux->Win98=Slow Win98->Linux=Fast

4. AcceleratedX 1.2

5. Networking two machines: Suse Linux 7.2 to Win98

6. cache ssl

7. SAMBA - Win98 Machines and ICS through Win98 ok - no Windows network in linux

8. AIX and HACMP questions

9. Linux dummy can't configure dummy interface

10. Suse 7.0; Yast2, kinternet, rc.dialout und ich komme nicht ins Internet

11. Win98 can ping Linux, but Linux can't ping Win98 box

12. cosource.com - Linux Networking for Dummies - Find out how to configure net services!

13. Win98 can pin linux, linux can't see Win98