Linux and Checkpoint FW-1

Post by Alan Knipmeye » Mon, 15 Oct 2001 18:38:22

Hi,

I have a linux server I want to be able to communicate with a Firewall 1 4.x
gateway.

Can I use IPSEC/Freeswan to communicate with the firewall ? If anyone has
any url's regarding the above, it would be cool to know them :)

Many thanks,

Al.

Linux and Checkpoint FW-1

Post by John Mountcastl » Wed, 17 Oct 2001 11:38:22

> Hi,

> I have a linux server I want to be able to communicate with a Firewall 1 4.x
> gateway.

> Can I use IPSEC/Freeswan to communicate with the firewall ? If anyone has
> any url's regarding the above, it would be cool to know them :)

> Many thanks,

> Al.

This link is lifted from the Free S/WAN documanetation Interoperability
section, it's pretty good.

http://support.checkpoint.com/kb/docs/public/firewall1/4_1/pdf/fw-lin...

--
John H. Mountcastle
Senior Systems Engineer

1. commercial firewall advice (checkpoint FW-1 under Linux?)

Hello all --

I have been given the assignment of finding a firewall for a
(commercial) 25-user setting.

I was wondering if anyone had experience running Checkpoint's FW-1 under
Linux, and if they had any opinions they might share.

My real only alternative right now is maybe Gauntlet w/ VPN (network
associates) (under NT :-( ) -- anyone tried either or have any
preferences/opinions?

I was quoted around $3000 by a NAI reseller for Gauntlet (25 user)...
(does this sound high?)  anyone know if Checkpoint is any cheaper (or if
more importantly it basically does what Gauntlet does)?

Thanks in advance for any opinions or advice... I would really like to
stick with Linux if possible... just wondering if FW-1 would be out of
my budget (about $3k) or if anyone likes its VPN features.

Thanks,
John

2. Monitor Bandwidth of Linux Proxy

3. checkpoint fw-1 usable scripts available !

4. Amiga will use the Linux kernel.

5. VPN connection to a CheckPoint Firewall / FW-1

6. HELP: How to 'un-retired' user

7. FW-1 vs Checkpoint opinions wanted

8. Q: Sendmail problems - trouble including domain

9. Checkpoint FW-1, Solaris Routing, and Two ISPs

10. connecting to a VPN behiind CheckPoint FW-1

11. CHeckpoint FW-1 Trial version

12. telnetd on FW-1 checkpoint

13. cron job with checkpoint fw log