Proftpd and Mysql

Post by pie.. » Sat, 25 May 2002 19:45:55

Hi, all
I just install proftpd 1.2.5rc2 with mod_sql, the authentification
work but the user have acces on all the directory of the server.
In the Mysql databse I wrote homedir = /home/fanzila/
How I restrict user to their home directory ?
Thanks for your responses and excuse me for my bad english ;)

Pierre

Proftpd and Mysql

Post by Denis Mirasso » Sat, 25 May 2002 20:03:21

> Hi, all
> I just install proftpd 1.2.5rc2 with mod_sql, the authentification
> work but the user have acces on all the directory of the server.
> In the Mysql databse I wrote homedir = /home/fanzila/
> How I restrict user to their home directory ?
> Thanks for your responses and excuse me for my bad english ;)

> Pierre

Hi (salut ;-))

I add, for example, the "DefaultRoot = "~/pub"" in the "<Global>"
section of the "proftpd.conf"

~ = homedir

See the "DefaultRoot" instrcution in the proftpd manuel for details

Regards
--
Denis Mirassou
ASI, responsable rseau/systme

web: http://www.poitou-charentes.iufm.fr / fax : 05.49.37.80.89

Proftpd and Mysql

Post by pie.. » Sat, 25 May 2002 20:19:22

On Fri, 24 May 2002 13:03:21 +0200, Denis Mirassou

>> Hi, all
>> I just install proftpd 1.2.5rc2 with mod_sql, the authentification
>> work but the user have acces on all the directory of the server.
>> In the Mysql databse I wrote homedir = /home/fanzila/
>> How I restrict user to their home directory ?
>> Thanks for your responses and excuse me for my bad english ;)

>> Pierre

>Hi (salut ;-))

>I add, for example, the "DefaultRoot = "~/pub"" in the "<Global>"
>section of the "proftpd.conf"

>~ = homedir

>See the "DefaultRoot" instrcution in the proftpd manuel for details

>Regards

Merci !

1. proftpd with mysql

i have these setting in proftpd.conf. however, seems it do not use mysql for
authentication, but use pam instead. of coz, i have compile proftpd 1.2.2rc2
with mysql support. can anyone show me how to solve this? thanks.

SQLDoAuth                       on
SQLAuthoritative                on

SQLAuthTypes                    Backend
SQLUserTable                    proftpd_user
SQLGroupTable                   proftpd_group

2. need to call free(void* ptr)?

3. PAM & proftpd (and mysql ;-)

4. tar files from different directories

5. proftpd with mysql compilation

6. fgrep query

7. Getting Proftpd to work with MySQL Authentication

8. NFS Server Performance

9. Proftpd file permissions with mysql auth

10. Getting Proftpd to work with MySQL Authentication

11. Matrox Mystique ands X.

12. Apache / PHP4 / MySql Problem - Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock'

13. start mysql database as mysql instead of root