SMBMOUNT and SMBCLIENT to MSClient Share

SMBMOUNT and SMBCLIENT to MSClient Share

Post by John M. Trind » Mon, 30 Sep 1996 04:00:00

My life would be complete if I could mount a share called C-DRIVE on an
MSClient machine called SPITFIRE.  I can mount it from MSClient and from
Win95.  I can get to the Linux Samba resources with MSClient and Win95.
I can get to Win95 machines with SMBMount.

The error message suggests I try user name or share name or password in
upper case (I do except there is no password, and I use the -n
parameter).  This from smbmount.  I've tried all combinations

SMBClient suggests there may be an illegal name in network name ... tree .

Help?
 --

ISS/FSPlan/BGLMgr for FS5   | Home Page:  http://www.widomaker.com/~trindle
Flight Deck: IFT-PRO

1. Using Samba, smbclient works, but can't mount share via smbmount

Hi,
    when I try to mount a shared drive from my Win95 system by doing:

smbmount \\\\greentree\\c /mnt

the results are: mount error, no such device, please refer to
smbmnt(8).

      I can use smbclient \\\\greentree\c    and look at and copy
files between system.

    I am using Redhat 6.1

Thanks

Mike

2. square wave power

3. smbclient works, smbmount does not

4. strange ps results

5. smbclient works fine, but smbmount failes

6. rsh and cron

7. smbfs: cannot smbmount; smbclient works.

8. TACACS User Authentication

9. smbclient ok smbmount bad

10. Samba smbmount/smbclient

11. smbmount returns "unknown device", smbclient works fine

12. Please Help --> smbclient works but smbmount doesn't??

13. Time with smbclient/smbmount