udprelay for LINUX / missing Streams

Post by Christoph Mart » Wed, 11 Oct 1995 04:00:00

I tried to compile udprelay for LINUX, but the Streams support (poll,
etc...) is apparently missing.

Is there a port of udprelay for Linux which does not use Streams?
Or is there another solution?

Christoph
Christoph Martin, Zentrum fr Datenverarbeitung, Uni-Mainz, Germany

  Homepage ULR:  http://www.uni-mainz.de/~martin
    Paper-Mail:  C. Martin, Zentrum fr Datenverarbeitung,
                 Johannes-Gutenberg-Universit?t, 55099 Mainz, Germany
       Telefon:  +49 6131 396316
           Fax:  +49 6131 396407

Post by Brian Clapp » Thu, 12 Oct 1995 04:00:00

> I tried to compile udprelay for LINUX, but the Streams support (poll,
> etc...) is apparently missing.
> Is there a port of udprelay for Linux which does not use Streams?
> Or is there another solution?

poll() can be implemented in terms of select(), which Linux does have.
In fact, that's just what I did to get udprelay to work under BSDI and
Linux; it seems to work fine that way.  My poll() emulator is available
via anonymous ftp from `ftp.telebase.com'; I believe it's in "/pub/misc".
You're welcome to it.  Compile it and link it with udprelay, and your
problems should be solved.

Also, I think Tom Fitzgerald put an #idef for select() in one of the later
releases of udprelay.  If you have that version, all you have to add is
the appropriate -D option on the compile; you don't need the poll emulator
in that case.  If your version doesn't have a "#ifdef SELECT" or something
like it, then you might try to locate a newer version.  I believe
udprelay's official home is `ftp.wang.com'; again, I'm going from memory,
on that one.
----------

Post by Marek Michalkiewi » Thu, 12 Oct 1995 04:00:00

: I tried to compile udprelay for LINUX, but the Streams support (poll,
: etc...) is apparently missing.

: Is there a port of udprelay for Linux which does not use Streams?
: Or is there another solution?

People are working on Streams for Linux, but it will probably take some

more information.

Marek

Post by Christoph Mart » Tue, 17 Oct 1995 04:00:00

   Also, I think Tom Fitzgerald put an #idef for select() in one of the later
   releases of udprelay.  If you have that version, all you have to add is
   the appropriate -D option on the compile; you don't need the poll emulator
   in that case.  If your version doesn't have a "#ifdef SELECT" or something
   like it, then you might try to locate a newer version.  I believe
   udprelay's official home is `ftp.wang.com'; again, I'm going from memory,
   on that one.

I have not found a newer version of udprelay than 0.2 which has no
#ifdef SELECT. Where did you find it?

C. Martin
Christoph Martin, Zentrum fr Datenverarbeitung, Uni-Mainz, Germany

  Homepage ULR:  http://www.uni-mainz.de/~martin

1. poll/select in udprelay - anyone have poll.c(h) code for linux?

Gee, two years go by and I'm in the same situation as this guy.

 Does anyone out there have this code? I have udprelay and need the
poll.c poll.h
code as descibed in this old post.

 Any help will be greatly appreciated.

 I am also surprised that udprelay and redir are not on sunsite. I have
redir (tcp) working
on my system. but I really want to get udprelay working too.

 Why not build this code into IPMASQ???

 TIA

[ patch omitted ]

Alternatively, you can write a version of poll() in terms of select(2)
(which is what I did, since I didn't feel like hacking up udprelay
source).
If you'd rather use that approach, send me mail, and I'll send you my
poll.[ch] files. We're currently using udprelay on a BSDI system, and
the
emulated poll() function works just fine.

Telebase Systems, Inc., 435 Devon Park Drive, Wayne, PA 19087

--
* --------------------------------------------------- *

*                  http://www.mygen.com
* P.O. Box 7167 , Tahoe City Ca. 96145
* --------------------------------------------------- *

2. 3c590 & 3c509

3. Linux version of udprelay?

4. APACHE SERVER, HOW DO I RESTART IT?!?!

5. STREAMS module: esballoc callbacks missing

6. Apache with ASP

7. POST requests missing POST input stream

8. CD setup problem

9. 1 * ksMEImYDV-STREAMS module: esballoc callbacks missing

10. udprelay on FreeBSD???

11. udprelay for BSDI

12. udprelay