ppp connection proxy arp not working

Post by Geoffrey Dan » Sat, 10 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hi -
I recently upgraded by fresh installation (not upgrade) the machine
in my office from RedHat 4.2 to RH 5.0.
I had it working so I could dial in from my home machine (also RH4.2)
using ppp, and have internet access.  Now it doesn't work.
I've re-read the installation instructions, and think I've covered
the installation ok.
When dialed-in and logged in, /sbin/route and /sbin/arp -a show the
expected routing.  Still, the home machine can't see any others besides
the one it's dialed into, and other machines on the net can't see my
home machine.
I changed ethernet cards as part of the upgrade, and now have a 3Com
905.
Is that possibly related to proxy arp not working?
Any known bugs I've missed?
Thanks..
                                geoff

1. proxy arp not working in ppp session

Hi -Hi -
I recently upgraded by fresh installation (not upgrade) the machine
in my office from RedHat 4.2 to RH 5.0.

Before the upgrade, I had it working so I could dial in from my home
machine (also RH4.2) using diald with ppp, and have internet access.
Now it doesn't work.

I've re-read the ppp server installation instructions, and think I've
covered the installation ok.

When dialed-in and logged in, /sbin/route and /sbin/arp -a show the
expected routing on both the home and office machine.  Still, the home

--
Geoffrey Dann             805-982-1366 or DSN-551-1366 (voice)

Naval Facilities Engineering Service Center, Port Hueneme CA USA 93043

2. User CGIs

3. PPP works, but proxy ARP doesn't

4. Lex and Yacc

5. Proxy arp not working in Linux

6. SLIP for Solaris

7. does proxy arp not work in solaris 2.3 or 2.4?

8. QWK server

9. Proxy arp does not work

10. Proxy-arp command not working

11. I can not get ARP to work, even though /proc/net/arp is correct!

12. PPP connection works well ,while SLIP connection doesn't work,why and how?

13. Proxy arp (how to add an arp entry)