Netscape Communicator 4.04 and Microsoft Proxy Server

Netscape Communicator 4.04 and Microsoft Proxy Server

Post by Rick » Sat, 07 Mar 1998 04:00:00

    I am having a problem with Netscape getting to my ISP's news server.

 I am using Microsoft's proxy server to get out to the net, which is working
fine for web browsing. However,
I cannot seem to get the news groups to work properly. I have verified that
I have the correct news server settings
in the preferences section.
    It comes back after a minute or so and says that it could not find the
news server.

 I should mention that I have a few Nt workstation and WIN 95 machines
accessing the news server just fine using
the same proxy server.

 Anyone got any ideas?

Rick

1. Netscape communicator ver 4.04 and microsoft proxy server

I am running Red Hat Linux 5.0 and using Netscape Communicator 4.04. I
am trying to get Netscape to browse the web through Microsoft proxy
server running on Windows NT 4.0.

When I enter the values in netscape's preference screen for proxy
settings and try to connect to a website, this is what I see in the
status bar of Netscape.

Connecting to 10.0.0.2:80...
                            ^ This is the proxy server's IP address, the
80 is the port number

then a second later it says something like:

Website Found, waiting for Reply..

 then it cycles over and over the same messages again.
It never actually connects to anything.

 A friend of mine told me that he had seen this problem before, but
could not remember how to
solve it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rick

2. Apple Laser Writer on Sparc 20

3. Setting Netscape 4.04 to use proxy server

4. Expiring user accounts

5. conference for Netscape Communicator 4.04

6. NIS Users and Local Users

7. Netscape Communicator 4.04 install

8. Kernel 2.4.0 - unresolved symbols on modules

9. netscape communicator 4.04

10. LILO freezes after installing netscape Communicator 4.04

11. Fortifying Netscape Communicator 4.04

12. Netscape Communicator 4.04 problems....

13. Netscape Communicator 4.04 Bug