web browsers for linux

Post by Marcus E. Too » Fri, 09 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Hello  ,

What web browsers are available for linux ?? (grphical
ones). I've been skimming the software and this newsgroup,
but nothing has been mentioned. I remember reading
that Netscape is available (unsupported). Where
can I download this from. If it's on sunsite or a mirror,
it's well hidden!

Thanks Marcus

web browsers for linux

You can get Netscape at ftp1-10.netscape.com

the 1-10 means that you can variable that like this:

ftp1.netscape.com
ftp2.netscape.com
ftp3.netscape.com
ftp4.netscape.com

And so on.
--
Stephen Marz of AltaSoft
World Wide Web (http://dragon.res.cmu.edu/smarz)

web browsers for linux

Post by Larry Doolitt » Sat, 10 Feb 1996 04:00:00

: What web browsers are available for linux ?? (grphical
: ones). I've been skimming the software and this newsgroup,
: but nothing has been mentioned. I remember reading
: that Netscape is available (unsupported). Where
: can I download this from. If it's on sunsite or a mirror,
: it's well hidden!

Besides netscape, look for arena, chimera, and mosaic.
Check yahoo for links.

web browsers for linux

Post by Andrew Wallac » Sat, 10 Feb 1996 04:00:00

You can download the Linux version direct from netscape. I would
recommend ftp-ing it... try:

ftp.netscapeX.com  (where X is 1-20)

cd 2.0/unix

look for the file with linux in the name....

worked for me the other day! Of course, this is the "trial" version,
you get 90 days, then you need to send in your $49 (or whatever it
is) to pay for it if you want to keep using it.

andy

--
andy wallace        "The two most common elements in the universe are

http://www.scroom.com

web browsers for linux

Post by Christian Bjerr » Tue, 13 Feb 1996 04:00:00

> What web browsers are available for linux ?? (grphical
> ones). I've been skimming the software and this newsgroup,
> but nothing has been mentioned. I remember reading
> that Netscape is available (unsupported). Where
> can I download this from. If it's on sunsite or a mirror,
> it's well hidden!

Well, try www.netscape.com      ;-))

cHRiSTiAn

web browsers for linux

Post by Bill Latu » Wed, 14 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>What web browsers are available for linux ?? (grphical
>ones). I've been skimming the software and this newsgroup,
>but nothing has been mentioned. I remember reading
>that Netscape is available (unsupported). Where
>can I download this from. If it's on sunsite or a mirror,
>it's well hidden!

There are actually quite a few, besides Netscape. Check out the listing
under "Web Browsers" on the "Linux Applications and Utilities Page" at:

<URL:http://www.redhat.com/blatura/linapps.html>

or

<URL:http://www.xnet.com/~blatura/linapps.shtml>

--

* The Web Wanderer      <URL:http://www.xnet.com/~blatura/wanderer.shtml> *
* Linux Apps and Utils  <URL:http://www.xnet.com/~blatura/linapps.shtml>  *

1. HOW-TO: Web browsers in Linux?

Here's a simple one that stumped this simpleton:

Assuming I actually figure out how to get connected to my PPP provider
(sometimes I wonder why I even try, sigh), and that I figure out where
Netscape and Mosaic go (unpack in /usr/local, right?). the question
is...

How will I start the browser?  Do I need to be in X?  If so, Do I need
an xterm to enter commands?

Thanks all!

Michael

2. Crystalizer SCSI-2 Sound Card Questions

3. 128-bit web browsers for linux?

4. odd NIS/DNS problem

5. Web Browser for Linux?

6. Docked laptop loses network connection

7. WEB browser for Linux

8. FreeBSD 4.7 and GNOME

9. Non-X Web Browser for Linux

10. Web browser for linux

11. HEEEELP: Web Browsers for Linux!!!

12. Any Non-X Graphical Web Browser for Linux console ?

13. Web Browser for Linux (NOT Netscape!)