PPP How

Post by Mike Bieman » Wed, 02 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
What I want to be able to do is have users
use there win machines from home and be
able to dial in to the Linux Mandrake 6.1 server
to access files just like they do here at work.
How hard is it to configure and is there a better
way to do it.  I  have read a couple of the howto's
and just want to know if there is a better way or do
i use PPP.
Now I have a 56 K external modem made by ACER
will this work with Linux.
Thanks again

Mike

1. PPP and PPP and PPP and PPP and PPP and HEADACHE

I made a trick .. instead of using chat to connect PPP like was in the
books
(that for me doesn't work) I used dip (it's the one that is supposed to be
used with SLIP connections) .. I make a script for dip so it connects using
PPP, and everything goes fine till I connect... After I connect the host
where i'm connected is Okay and everything seems to be Okay. but when I do
I simple ping to my own IP (not localhost but my assigned fixed IP) it says
unable to reach host.. I think the hardest thing to setup in linux is PPP
:( .. geee...

I have the Slackware 3.0 stuff... and I feel like i'm a newbie.. :(

Is out there any better FAQs or How-TOs for the PPP connections ???

bye !

--
 _    ____ ____          _____________________________
| |  |    |  __|         Luis Aranguren Carvajal
| |  | || | |            http://www.ven.net/~pizzaman

|____|_||_|____|         _____________________________

2. : Kernel BUG at dcache.c:345 (kernel 2.4.19)

3. PPP - sh: /etc/ppp/ppp-on-dialer: Permission denied HELP!

4. g++ Compile/Link Problem with X11 on Sparc?

5. Ask ppp-on and ppp-on-dialer for ppp connection

6. How read file & create links??

7. ppp-on/ppp-on-dialer/ppp-off???

8. HOWTO use Win95 DHCP client info for Linux

9. Scripts for ppp-on, ppp-on-dialer, ppp-off

10. Help: How to get PPP to read /etc/ppp/ppp.conf

11. PPP-ON / PPP-OFF advanced config with multidrop mailbox

12. PPP ping problem; PPP local address?

13. ppp-user - Users can handle PPP easily