ifdown unable to disconnect

Post by Emmanuel Regnar » Fri, 06 Aug 1999 04:00:00

When I use "ifdown ppp0" (RH6.0) to disconnect nothing happens and I
must kill pppd to disconnect.

Any ideas ?

Thanks
    Emmanuel.

1. powerless "ifdown ppp0" syndrom

Why doesn't ifdown work on my linux RH6 machine? The PPP connection
works perfectly, but it is then impossible to close the session...I saw
this question asked thousands of time, but never answered... The only
way to make the modem hang up is to savagely kill pppd, which doesn't
look like a honnest solution. As usual, the reason of this "syndrom"
must be outrageously obvious, but please, don't hesitate to help me ;-)

Tristan Legagneur

2. advice please, wireless 802.11 Linksys WMP54G on RH 8

3. How do you use ifup and ifdown while not at console?

4. Hole in GNU finger

5. ifdown ppp0 problem

6. FS:CHEAP 486 Computers and monitors

7. ifup-ppp0 and ifdown ppp0 fron crontab

8. high point 370 ataraid

9. user rights to use ifup, ifdown, ...

10. ifup/ifdown... in BSD?

11. ifdown question

12. '/sbin/ifdown ppp0' Not Working: Mandrake 6.0

13. problem with modem and ifdown