VPN from Win98 Client thru IPCHAINS+IPMASQ firewall

VPN from Win98 Client thru IPCHAINS+IPMASQ firewall

Post by James Gra » Fri, 13 Oct 2000 12:47:47

Hi All,

More just curious than anything as I can get around this another way but
what specific ports is any do I need to open (and how, ie, IPCHAINS syntax)
to allow my Win98SE clients using MS-VPN access to the internet and the VPN
server?

I am running a PPP dial-on-demand Linux RH 6.2 firewall/router/gateway etc.
If you need more info just ask :-)

BTW,  just to clarify, I am NOT trying to run VPN on the firewall, just
client to internet VPN through my firewall.  My firewall blockes nearly
everything comming in from the net.

Thanks in advance.

James

1. howto ipmasq vpn client using ipchains???

do yourself a favor and use fwctl for managing your firewall.
It's FAR
simpler and more robust than doing the ipchains stuff yourself.
It has
built-in modules for pptp and ipsec (two vpn protocols), so in
your rules
file, you say something like:
accept pptp            -src INT_NT     -dst INTERNET -masq
and so long as you have the vpn masq patch correctly installed,
POOF!
you're up and running.
get fwctl at http://indev.insu.com/Fwctl/

--
  This answer is courtesy of QuestionExchange.com
  http://www.questionexchange.com/servlet3/qx.usenetGuest.showUsenetGue...

2. Installing RH6.1 on a PowerEdge 4350

3. Linux ignoring my Ethernet-Card

4. Win98 clients and IPChains firewall

5. Compilation error in make buildworld

6. Win98 Clients and IPChains firewall

7. Socket and processus

8. PopTop VPN Server can see Win98 client but client can't see server

9. Win98 PPTP client can't connect through ipmasq, works w/ modem

10. VPN Thru Linux Firewall

11. vpn thru linux firewall

12. vpn thru linux firewall?