magicfilter + smbprint?

Post by D.T.Olsso » Tue, 14 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Hiya all,

I have a small predicament which I cant find an answer to. I have looked
in faq's etc.  I have a Linux box which is connetced to a small LAN
using Samba (all other machines run Win95).  One of the Win95 machines
has a HPLJ5 connected to it, which we all use for printing.  I have
setup smbprint to connect and print, but as the printer is NOT a
PostrScript printer I want to use magicfilter as well.  I have setup
magicfilter for this printer before BUT only when the printer has been
connected to LPT1...

Question in other words is; how do you connect a Linux box using Samba
to a non-ps printer* of a Win95 box?

Cheers in advance
Thomas

1. magicfilter + smbprint?

Hiya all (2nd try :),

I have a small predicament which I cant find an answer to. I have looked
in faq's etc.  I have a Linux box which is connetced to a small LAN
using Samba (all other machines run Win95).  One of the Win95 machines
has a HPLJ5 connected to it, which we all use for printing.  I have
setup smbprint to connect and print, but as the printer is NOT a
PostrScript printer I want to use magicfilter as well.  I have setup
magicfilter for this printer before BUT only when the printer has been
connected to LPT1...

Question in other words is; how do you connect a Linux box using Samba
to a non-ps printer hanging of a Win95 box?

Cheers in advance
Thomas

2. modprobe fails to initialize NIC

3. Samba and smbprint

4. NEC Intersect 2x cd-rom and workman

5. g3 fax -> smbprint

6. RAID 1 ??

7. Star Office printer setup via Samba smbprint to remote printer

8. Compaq MT66 problems

9. smbprint & /etc/printcap

10. smbprint & magic filter ??

11. Messages on console with smbprint...

12. smbprint dies with status 33

13. printcap, smbprint and lpfilter Does anyone know how to make this work