connection to inernet

Post by rubberpi » Sun, 05 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

I just installed linux on my computer. Now i try to connect to the internet
(after i have setup my connection), but i receive always the message:
"Sorry, but the modem is bussy". But my modem isn't bussy. What do i wrong?

I hope someone can help me?

Dirk De Haes

connection to inernet

Post by Brando » Thu, 09 Sep 1999 04:00:00

what tyep of modem do u have?
do u have it set for the right com port and I/O address?

--

"Bill Gates?, I dont know any Bill Gates.  Oh, you mean 'by putting
every conceivable

                  http://web.mountain.net/~brandon/main.htm
     For Beginners in Linux, Emulation, Midis, Playstation Info, and
Virii.

1. Networking my inernet connection

Hi All,

I'm relatively new to Linux.
I have to let Linux know that my internet connection comes from a
networked win box running a proxy (WinProxy).
What file would I look in, or utility would I use to do it?

Thanks,

Weyland

2. Where is ZSH 2.3.beta?

3. Save up to $600K with our Program on Inernet Access

4. Verkaufe

5. Would you use Inernet Explorer 3.0/4.0 if it was ported to Linux?

6. .mp3 player for 8-bit cards

7. ICL DRS 6000 - Sun compatible?

8. Linux as inernet gateway for NT network questions

9. forwarding from inernet to LAN

10. Setting up an Inernet mail server

11. I have now implemented inernet connectiivity in mcam