mail (pop3 + smtp) server using ODBC connections for user & auth info?

mail (pop3 + smtp) server using ODBC connections for user & auth info?

Post by Geoff Winkles » Tue, 20 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Has anyone modified the standard linux pop3 & smtp daemons to use
external authorisation routines? What I want to do is to connect to a
MS-SQL server database (which we already have) of our users and use that
database as a reference point for the mail servers.

Can you point me in the direction of any hints/tips on the subject?

Thanks in advance

Geoff

1. Any Console Mail Client with POP3 and SMTP-auth supported??

Hi, all.

I just wonder if there's a decent Mail Client under console(No X-window)
environment.  I know two of the most notable MUAs are mutt and pine. But
the former requires a MTA on localhost while the latter supports POP
only in on-line mode.  I want a qualified MUA with both POP(off-line
mode) and SMTP-auth(no MTA needed on localhost) enabled.

Anybody here can give me some points? TIA.

--
Leslie Jackson

2. SoundBlaster 16 SCSI 2 card

3. Adding SMTP AUTH (+SSL) to any mail server

4. FTP files corrupted, when downloading from another machine.

5. relaying mail between smtp servers and auth

6. Principles of Operation / SPARC Architecture Manual ?

7. MX cannot relay mail to a particular SMTP AUTH server

8. stop core dumps ?

9. Help: Eudora mail application cannot connect with POP3 and SMTP server

10. How to connect a POP3/SMTP Mail server with Solaris 2.5?

11. POP3/SMTP Mail server under Linux

12. SMTP/POP3/Mail Servers

13. Pop3/SMTP server for 8000+ users??