Error messages after IPX support added

Post by A Bonto » Fri, 12 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I am running Slackware Linux, kernel version 2.0.0.  I have recently compiled a
kernel to give me IPX support.  When I boot up I get the following error
message :-

Updating module dependencies for Linux 2.0.0 :
** Unresolved symbols in module /lib/modules/2.0.0/fs/ncpfs.o
** Unresolved symbols in module /lib/modules/2.0.0/scsi/scsi_mod.o

I do not require SCSI support and did not select it when compiling.
I have installed ncpfs v2.0.10 and it seems to work O.K.  I can list the
available servers on the
network, list users and mount volumes O.K.  Any suggestions as to why the error
messages are appearing would be appreciated.

Also, I have a couple of general questions :

1)  How can I find out how much disk space is used/free on my Linux partition ?
2)  What is the Linux equivalent of the DOS Path statement ?

Thanks in anticipation

Alan

1. IPX Error Message

I finally got the IPX and Netware server utilities running from the
ncfps-2.0.10 archive. After making both IPX and ncf, moving the binaries
into a path, moving the shared lib and runing ldconfig ( the kernel had
already been built with IPX support and ncf support as in the HOW-TO). I
ran

ipx_configure --auto_interface=on --auto_primary=on

I then ran slist and Voila!, there were the Netware servers.

I then ran

ncpmount -S <server> /mnt -U <user_name> -P <password>

and Voila!, I had the server mounted on /mnt, GREAT!!!!!!!

So you ask, what is my problem?

It is when I went to a normal virtual terminal, not X, the following
message started scrolling.

IPX: Network Number Collison 70b85d5e
        eth0 SNAP and eth0 EtherII

It didn't matter which virtual terminal was being displayed and if there
was a login or not on the terminal, the message just kept scrolling.

Can anybody tell me:
A) is this a network problem with the collision or have I got a problem
with my setup.

B) If it is my problem, how to fix it.

C) If it not my setup, what to report to our network admin and how to
keep the error messages from being displayed.

Thanks in advance

Jeff Pierce

2. Conquer, and Ed Barlow

3. IPX: Network Collision error (How can I turn off IPX)

4. does not recognize cdrom

5. IPX support and nmbd error

6. Mystique

7. Error message continuous error messages

8. Installing Slackware 3.0 on Two HD

9. Adding Custom Error Messages

10. Strange error messages after adding new hard disk

11. error message 0821-207, chginet: cannot add route record to CuAt

12. Error message adding disk to volume group

13. Informix problems afters Y2K Solaris 2.5 patch