How do I setting my Win 3.1 client with Linux mail server via ADSL Modem?

How do I setting my Win 3.1 client with Linux mail server via ADSL Modem?

Post by yy » Tue, 24 Apr 2001 19:00:06

How do I setting my old MSWin 3.1 client with Linux mail server via ADSL
Modem?
Whether I need my PCI netcard's real mode driver?
                    PLEASE HELP ME!!
                        THANK'S

1. Linux PPP server for WIN 3.1 via null modem

HELP !!!
I'm desperatly trying to make a connection between WINDOWS3.1 and LINUX  via a null modem cable.
I use the TrumpetWinsock 2.0 to log under LINUX and it works quite good. Then I run pppd under WinSock. I receive caracters for a while (about 20s) and after the connection hangs up and I get the prompt again.

My PPPD parameters are -detach local crtscts. Is it correct ?

On the other hand I don't know exatcly what to put in the set-up fields of TrumpetWinsock. Actually I took the same parameters I use to log into my current Internet provider (FranceNet) :
IP adress : 194.2.144.210
 Name server : 194.2.144.1
Domain Suffix : francenet.fr
MTU : 256
TCP RWIN : 864
TCP MSS : 216
VJ CSLIP active
DCD check active

Sorry for beeing so boring but I've been searching for one week and I think I'm going to have a nervous breakdown :--)
Thank in advance to any guru of the PPP null modem !

2. 486 Doesn't boot LINUX SLS v1.02

3. Linux ppp server for Win 3.1 via nul modem

4. MS-Windows in X

5. Secure transport between mail server and pop client (via another mail server)

6. newbie needs unix help!

7. linux as a mail server in a network connected to the internet via adsl

8. Netscape spell checker in 472

9. How to receive Internet mail from Win95 client via mail server on Redhat 4.2

10. linux->DOS/Win 3.1?

11. (newbie) pop3 mail client on pc attached via ethernet to linux pop3 server problems

12. how to setup null modem network between linux box and win 3.1 laptop

13. PPP connection via mac or win modem dialup to dedicated Linux ppp server