PPP and AT&T Worldnet

Post by andre » Fri, 27 Dec 1996 04:00:00

 I have been attempting to get PPP to work with my AT&T Worldnet account
for about a day now, with no luck.  If there is anyone who has gotten
ppp to work with AT&T Worldnet, I would like to hear about how you did
it.  Is there something that you have to do differently??  If you don't
use Worldnet, and have a suggestion, it would be greatly appreciated.
The dialer dials, and the modems handshake, and that is it, the line
eventually times out, and disconnects.  Under Win95, everything works
fine, so I know that the account is fine.

If you have any suggestion, it would be incredibly appreciated, thanx

--Andrew

PPP and AT&T Worldnet

Post by daved.. » Sat, 28 Dec 1996 04:00:00

>  I have been attempting to get PPP to work with my AT&T Worldnet
> account for about a day now, with no luck.  If there is anyone who has
> gotten ppp to work with AT&T Worldnet, I would like to hear about how
> you did it.  Is there something that you have to do differently??  If
> you don't use Worldnet, and have a suggestion, it would be greatly
> appreciated.  The dialer dials, and the modems handshake, and that is
> it, the line eventually times out, and disconnects.  Under Win95,
> everything works fine, so I know that the account is fine.

> If you have any suggestion, it would be incredibly appreciated, thanx

> --Andrew

Try this:

        http://204.127.237.208/wurd/connectivity/linux.html

Good luck
Dave

PPP and AT&T Worldnet

Post by Paul Caffre » Sun, 29 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hmm, I seem to be having similar problems with bellatlantic.net if I figure
anything out I'll let y'all know.

Paul Caffrey

Quote:>  I have been attempting to get PPP to work with my AT&T Worldnet account
> for about a day now, with no luck

> --Andrew

PPP and AT&T Worldnet

Post by Brian Liedtk » Sun, 29 Dec 1996 04:00:00

>  I have been attempting to get PPP to work with my AT&T Worldnet
> account for about a day now, with no luck.  If there is anyone who has
> gotten ppp to work with AT&T Worldnet, I would like to hear about how
> you did it.  Is there something that you have to do differently??  If
> you don't use Worldnet, and have a suggestion, it would be greatly
> appreciated.  The dialer dials, and the modems handshake, and that is
> it, the line eventually times out, and disconnects.  Under Win95,
> everything works fine, so I know that the account is fine.

> If you have any suggestion, it would be incredibly appreciated, thanx

> --Andrew

If you get any responses let me know, I'm having the same difficulty on
an Acer.

Brian Liedtke

PPP and AT&T Worldnet

Post by Ed Willoughb » Thu, 02 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Well I finally made it.... HAve Linux Slackware 3.0 up and running with
AT&T
worldnet...  Still have some lose ends to wrap up, but PPP dial up connects
and I can do NNTP news and outgoing email.. Still can get get SMTP to get
the incomming email from AT&T..  Here is were to get the info on how to do
it..

www.toppig.com

select Connectivity then Linux... A word of advice, follow his instructions
to the 'T'.
I spent many many hours becaust I left out a " in one line...  Also I had
to re-config Linux network to use loopback and no gateway.. When I had it
setup to use my network card as 10.0.0.1 and local loopback as 127.0.0.0 it
WOULD not work..
If you guys use this info to get things up. I'd sure like to heare about
the email..

Ed \/\/illoughby  SYSOP  PC-Valley Remote BBS...