FTP but no TELNET

Post by Florian Ran » Fri, 24 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

using Kernel 2.0.25 I need users who can only FTP but no TELNET.
Anyone?

Thanx

Florian
CYWARE Neue Medien GmbH (Florian Rang)
fon/fax : ++49 6223 9206-41/21

internet: http://www.cyware.com

FTP but no TELNET

Post by Kees Bouma » Fri, 24 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Hello,

> using Kernel 2.0.25 I need users who can only FTP but no TELNET.
> Anyone?

Look for inetd.conf in /etc. Open it and remark the line beginning with
telnet.
Restart and no telnetting will be available!

FTP but no TELNET

Post by John C. Golovich II » Sun, 26 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Here is a copy of the post I made in response to a similar question a
bit ago:

Check your /etc/inetd.conf file to make sure that ftp and telnet
are lookign for files that do exist.  If the identd.conf file points to
filess that arent there then just edit the file pointing to files that
do exist.

Also if you are using shadow, sometimes ftp & telnet point to a file
that isnt configed to accept shadowed passwd files.

> using Kernel 2.0.25 I need users who can only FTP but no TELNET.
> Anyone?
> Thanx
> Florian

1. ftp/telnet open processes lagging ftp/telnet startup

For somereason my ftp and telnet daemons are responding extremely slow.  We don't exactly know whats going on down here.  And all of a sudden a bunch of in.ftpd and in.telnetd and in.indentd processes are popping in the ps ax all the time.  I kill them off but they keep coming back.  We unplugged the linux box from the network and it stopped.   hmmm.

Linux Programmer's Site

2. ftp localhost problems...

3. newbie firewall

4. FTP Newbie can ping, telnet but not FTP

5. Tunneling through Proxy Servers (even Microsoft)

6. VPN woes: telnet OK, ftp put OK, ftp get hangs

7. Initiatiating Network

8. ftp newbie can pnig, telnet but not ftp

9. Not Available these Signal nos on Linux

10. CD-RW: CDFS? Unstable dev nos?

11. NOS shootout

12. Seeds for random nos.