how to get good expertise on linux

Post by ksrav.. » Thu, 29 Mar 2007 14:06:15

hi

pls guide me how to get expertise  on RHCE    i have so many doubt on
linux.

i like to know  about installation of software on linux  and how to
play the mp3 songs  on linux
which media player have to install and how to configure

i had telephonic interview from tcs

they have asked some questions

1 ) if  grub loader file gets corrupt  how to rectify.
2)  if hard disk get corrupt how to rectify

how to get good expertise on linux  pls guide me

how to get good expertise on linux

Post by birr » Sat, 31 Mar 2007 22:45:51

Quote:> hi

> pls guide me how to get expertise  on RHCE    i have so many doubt on
> linux.

If you have many doubts , change your mind, or give up.

Quote:

> i like to know  about installation of software on linux  and how to
> play the mp3 songs  on linux
> which media player have to install and how to configure

Mp3 is patented, and the patent holder will have money for each copy.

If you pay for a boxed dist, they can include it, and pay for it, but
then there is another license , that DON'T allow you to make a copy of the
media and give a friend.

If you will have freedom, you will not have mp3 on the media.

Ogg is much better, it's just not so popular, since "some" don't like
open standards, so they don't include free codecs in their OS, even if
they must bay billions in fine.

No problem to install mp3 support yourself if you just skip this attitude
and really try.

Quote:

> i had telephonic interview from tcs

> they have asked some questions

> 1 ) if  grub loader file gets corrupt  how to rectify.
> 2)  if hard disk get corrupt how to rectify

> how to get good expertise on linux  pls guide me

2) should be  WHEN a hard disk get corrupt, not IF ,
only fools think their data is safe on a disk,
so no backup = lost data some time in the future.

/birre

1. Help in getting a good Linux laptop.

Hi Everyone,

I am looking around for an affordable laptop to confortably run linux/Xfree-2.0 on for $2000-$2500 for the base system.

The characteristics that I absolutely need are:
1. Minimum 120-160 MB hard drive recoginizable by linux (slackware)
2. Active Matrix monochrome screen offering (640X480)
3. 4 MB of RAM with the posibility of adding more
4. A second serial port or the possibility of adding one cheaply (<$150) without
   using up a PCMCIA slot.
5. A builtin trackball or mouse port that actually work in Xfree-2.0

Does linux (slackware) support pcmcia devices? If so, it would be nice if I had
at least one PCMCIA type 2 slot.

I am currently considering the NEC Comaq 4/25E and the NEC Versa 40E, but would like to  consider all laptops that fit all of my criteria (escpecially given
my limited economic resources). If you are running a laptop that fits the above
descriptions please let me know and also please send me the phone number of the company selling them. Also, I'd be interrested in wether you were able to
obtain your laptop on educational discount. (I am a junior in Electrical
Engineering - full time student and have gotten educational discounts
on computer purchases in the past).

Thanks for your help..

--
------

--
------

2. Drivers for nVidia GeForce2 MX on PPC (700 Mhz G4 iMac)?

3. Just when Linux starts getting good, Microsoft buries it in the dust!

4. A problem with activating SSI in Apache

5. Getting Hardware that's good for Linux

6. NIS+ and FreeBSD

7. Just when Linux starts getting good, Microsoft buries it in the dust!

8. pdksh

9. Getting good performance out of the POWER architecture

10. 3.2-STABLE system getting slow for no good reason

11. Help: getting good hard-copy

12. Getting a Zyxel 642R router....good?