HELP! pppd-trouble getting Permission denied error message

HELP! pppd-trouble getting Permission denied error message

Post by Peter Nord » Thu, 31 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hi

As a newbie on linux i wonder if there is anyone out there who can
help me. I Get the Error message Permission denied when i run the pppd
to connect to the internet.

What is wrong?

Please help!

Regs Peter

1. Permission Denied message when accessing /dev/cua3 in PPPD

I continually get a "Permission Denied " message when attempting to dial up
my ISP using chat. I have known good scripts that I got from a buddy who
uses the same ISP as I do, but I get this message when the script calls up
the serial port /dev/cua3. Has anyone out there encountered this? This
occurs even when I login as ROOT.I have made sure that the permissions on
my scripts are set to executable and have even set the permissions on
/dev/cua3 wide open. I await your outpouring of wisdom.........

                                                   chflouie

2. X11/Xmu/WinUtil.h: no such file or directory

3. pppd error : connect script permission denied

4. BRU and Exabyte 8200

5. pppd error sh:/usr/lib/ppp/ppp-connect: Permission denied

6. StarOffice Installation Problem

7. nfs getting permission denied errors while trying to mount the /users directory

8. D-link DFE-530Tx NIC installation problem

9. bash: /dev/null: permission denied Error Message

10. What is this "log db: Permission denied." error message?

11. nvi message 'Error: ex output: Permission denied.'

12. cpio permission denied error message

13. Error messages in syslog about printing: "lock: permission denied"