remove specific ipchains rule! How?

Post by Ralf Siedo » Mon, 10 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

I want to run a dynamic dns program that publishes my address upon connect.
Therefore I have to setup a firewall rule to allow these packets.
I do that with the following commands:
ipchains -A op_add -i ippp+ -d 0/0 2345 -j ACCEPT -p tcp
ipchains -A ip_add -i ippp+ -s 0/0 2345 -j ACCEPT -p tcp ! -y

After the dyndns.pl script has been run I want to remove the rules created
previously. I am facing the problem that I don't know the rule number in
the chain and therefore can't remove it.
Any hints/solutions?

cu Ralf

remove specific ipchains rule! How?

Post by Michael Muelle » Mon, 10 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi Ralf,

> After the dyndns.pl script has been run I want to remove the rules created
> previously. I am facing the problem that I don't know the rule number in
> the chain and therefore can't remove it.
> Any hints/solutions?

The man page ipchains(8) does state:

       -D, --delete
              Delete  one  or more rules from the selected chain.
              There are two versions of this  command:  the  rule
              can be specified as a number in the chain (starting
              at 1 for the first rule) or a rule to match.

Malware

remove specific ipchains rule! How?

Post by Bill Mosele » Mon, 10 Jul 2000 04:00:00

remarked...
Quote:> > After the dyndns.pl script has been run I want to remove the rules created
> > previously. I am facing the problem that I don't know the rule number in
> > the chain and therefore can't remove it.
> > Any hints/solutions?

> The man page ipchains(8) does state:

>        -D, --delete
>               Delete  one  or more rules from the selected chain.
>               There are two versions of this  command:  the  rule
>               can be specified as a number in the chain (starting
>               at 1 for the first rule) or a rule to match.

The man page goes on to state:
       --line-numbers
              When listing rules, add line numbers to the  begin-
              ning  of  each  rule,  corresponding to that rule's
              position in the chain.

--
Bill Moseley

1. ipchains rule for telnetetting from a specific ip-range

Hi!

I've set up a firewall with some ipchains rules
(actually a friend of mine did it - therefore my
question...). With the current rules I can't telnet to
my linuxbox at home from outside. But I want now to
connect from my pc at work via telnet to my pc at
home. Does anyone know how the ipchains rule should
look like to allow telnet connection from ouside for a
specific ip (ip-range)

Thanks in advance for any answers!

Gino

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

--
Posted from web903.mail.yahoo.com [128.11.23.78]

2. X11 bandwidth

3. Converting ipchains rules to iptables rules?

4. IBM Thinkpad: APM and IRDA

5. PF rule allowing specific IP's to pass

6. time problem

7. IP Chains specific rule

8. SCO Network Administration

9. Interface-specific firewall rules with interface aliases

10. Routing UDP packets to a specific NAT'd IP under ipchains and 2.4.0

11. How to disable ipchains logging only for a specific IP?

12. ipchains: How do I forward packets from a specific port to another machine?