Leased Line pppd will not reconnect itself HELP!

Leased Line pppd will not reconnect itself HELP!

Post by Dennis Ponn » Fri, 19 Feb 1999 04:00:00

// Hello Anyone... \\

I've got a big problem my linux red hat 5.0 gateway will not reconnect
itself if the carrier hast lost... where do i have to put the line so it
will reconnect....

Thanks,

Dennis

PS

my gateway is a 486 dx 2 66 with 16 mb of ram connected to a 33k6 modem
(195.61.105.94 hostname tune-in.com) and it's forwarding ip's from
195.61.105.80 to 95

Leased Line pppd will not reconnect itself HELP!

Post by Rob van der Putte » Sat, 20 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hi there

> I've got a big problem my linux red hat 5.0 gateway will not reconnect
> itself if the carrier hast lost... where do i have to put the line so it
> will reconnect....

Have a look at the leased line mini howto.

Regards,
Rob

|              http://www.sput.webster.nl/spam-policy.html               |

1. Combining leased lines into a super leased line

Hi all

I was struck by a great idea the other day, but I haven't been able to
find any information on it. What I would like to do is combine 2 leased
lines from our Linux RH 4.2 gateway into a super leased line, thus
giving us cheap bandwidth. Eached line has its own static IP number. I
realise that this would obviously involve load balancing software on our
gateway as well as on the ISP.

It seems like a simple idea, has anyone done anything like this? Or am I
missing something fundamental?

Thanks
Mike (still climbing the learning curve :) )

2. Q: Pipe or Not in C?

3. pppd and leased lines HELP!

4. Init as Zombie ??

5. Linux permanent Line (connection two linux machines over a leased line (permanent telephone line)

6. HELP: grep regular expression needed

7. HELP: Mobitex On Linux over a Leased Line (not X.25?)

8. Franks-In-A-Blanket

9. LEased line pppd problems

10. Leased line connection and PPPd

11. leased line pppd problem

12. How configure PPPD for a LINUX WWW server by lease (asyn) line

13. pppd assigning IP addresses to leased line connections