starting dhcp

Post by Francesco Marchion » Thu, 23 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hello!
I'd like to set dhcp on my Linux home pc.
On my first trial I just set up the network- during the
installation of Linux Mandrake- to receive IP address from
DHCP but it seems it's not enough....
Can anybody provide a minimalist list of steps?
Thank you
Francesco

starting dhcp

Post by Osca » Sat, 25 Nov 2000 09:19:17

> Hello!
> I'd like to set dhcp on my Linux home pc.
> On my first trial I just set up the network- during the
> installation of Linux Mandrake- to receive IP address from
> DHCP but it seems it's not enough....
> Can anybody provide a minimalist list of steps?

Is your machine attached to any machine running any dhcp server software
(like an ISP with ADSL)? I'm afraid that if you have a network card (?)
and nothing attached, your NIC (network interface card) is useless, so
use localhost or the dummy interface to simulate a network.

If this is not the situation, please give more details.

1. How to Auto Start DHCP Server

I just installed DHCP server 2.0pl5 on my RH Linux 7.0 server.  The server
is leasing IPs and working great when started manually.  I would like to
auto start the deamon using ntsysv, but it doesn't appear in the listing.
Does anymore know how to enable this?

Thanks.

2. Kernel NFSD

3. Unable to start DHCP

4. Red Hat 5.0 FTP Server

5. Starting dhcp [FAILED]

6. RH5.1 NFS becomes readonly!?

7. command to start dhcp at boot time

8. X start?

9. How do I start DHCP server at bootup?

10. RH 5.1 flawless ftp-dhcp install; dhcp config retained; dhcp fails @ boot

11. eth0 (dhcp) cannot start so dead lock when boot

12. DHCP Server starts on boot - Why?

13. eth0 (dhcp) cannot start so dead lock when boot