Netscape - wwwoffle - DNS problem!

Post by Marc Debacke » Fri, 03 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hello there,

I do get strange things with netscape lately.

I did install wwwoffle on my Linux box, and of course i referred to it
out of netscape's proxy settings (http://localhost:8080).  wwwoffle had
to be configured to point to the original proxy, which is
(http://proxy.uunet.be:80).

When i try to activate any kind of url using this configuration, i
always get the error: Name Lookup - Non Authoritive Answer, host not
found.

When i let netscape point to the proxy server of my internet provider, i
can get onto the world wide web without any problems, but with my own
proxy server in between, i always have this error, on any host.

I'm without a clue.  It did work before though, and actually i don't
think i did change anything at all in the /etc/ configuration files.

Can somebody give me some help?

Thanx in advance!

Marc
--

No gates, not windows, it's open!

Netscape - wwwoffle - DNS problem!

Post by jane Hil » Fri, 03 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Ik denk: check the order of the dns lookup. Should be hosts first. and in
/etc/hosts must be an entry for localhost.