X News Readers

Post by Mr. Beagl » Fri, 17 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

Are there any X news readers out there (I haven't found any yet....).

I'm using Netscape right now, but downloading many things at once (like
with freeagent or Pronews/2) is quite difficult.

thanks in advance
theo

X News Readers

Post by Steffan Henk » Sat, 18 Apr 1998 04:00:00

: Are there any X news readers out there (I haven't found any yet....).

You may want to have a look at gnus, which is included in emacs.

: I'm using Netscape right now, but downloading many things at once (like
: with freeagent or Pronews/2) is quite difficult.

I usually use tin, which runs without fuss in an xterm.

Regards,

Steffan

--
... Our continuing mission: To seek out knowledge of C, to explore
strange UNIX commands, and to boldly code where no one has man page 4.

X News Readers

  http://www.matematik.su.se/~kjj/

--
Alan spitZ

1. a question related to nn (news reader)

I want to be able to have nn's NNTP (news reader like vn, rn, but better)
connected to a different site instead of the default.  Is there a way?
The manual says nothing about this :-( or maybe I didn't understand it.

For vn, I use: setenv VNMACHINE host.domainname

Thanks,

PS: e-mail me your help, please!

2. redhat linux6.0: x-windows configuration and graphics blaster rivatnt2 display card

3. News Readers

4. Problem: [2.5.39] Cannot mount IDE cdrom if SCSI-emulated

5. News reader and email app?

6. Strange disk errors I believe

7. Setting up a news reader without Sys Adm

8. Kerberos & friends

9. ANY news reader thru Proxy?? (on X)

10. news reader for X

11. X11 News Reader