Q) How to limit the number of concurrent login session?

Q) How to limit the number of concurrent login session?

Post by è??μá » Sat, 17 Feb 2001 15:33:12

Thank you for reading!

One of linux server I'm operating is requested too many login sessions (such
as FTP) from users, therefore, I want to limit the max sessions for the same
user account by 4 ~ 5.

Could you advise me how to setup my Linux server to do that?

Regards,

Brian Hong

Post by Michael Heimin » Mon, 19 Feb 2001 08:47:34

> Thank you for reading!

> One of linux server I'm operating is requested too many login sessions (such
> as FTP) from users, therefore,

Why are those logins too much (load/swapping)?

Quote:> I want to limit the max sessions for the same
> user account by 4 ~ 5.

> Could you advise me how to setup my Linux server to do that?

> Regards,

> Brian Hong

Asuming you system uses PAM read this doc which explains what to do:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/Linux-PAM-html/pam.html

Good luck

Michael Heiming

1. Limiting number of concurrent sessions

We are going to setup a public telnet account to provide some general
information to the public.  Is there a way to control the number of
concurrent telnet login of a certain account?  Say, if there are already
5 telnet logins of the account "info", then any more logins using the
name "info" will be refused, and other logins are not affected.  Thanks
in advance for any info.

We are using Solaris 2.3 as the OS.

Regards,
Ernest Yik.

--

2. Help configuring tape library in Linux

3. Is there a way to limit the number of concurrent connection in Apache???

4. Redirection

5. Way to limit concurrent logins?

6. Seagate ST32430N Hawk partition problems

7. Limiting concurrent logins

8. allow-like directive using an file

9. Limit concurrent logins

10. Limiting Concurrent Logins by Same User

11. Limiting multiple concurrent logins for the WU-FTP server

12. Limit the Number of Telnet Sessions a user can open?

13. How can I limit the number of telnet session ?