Floppyfw networking Probs

Post by Luke McCollu » Tue, 16 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Trying to set up a linux router for a network based on a floppyfw. 2 NIC's
in server (D-Link SN2000 ISA & Netgear FA310TX PCI) and floppyfw can't
initialize...i think its the setup in syslinux.cfg the ports are all 0,0,0
...what to do?

Floppyfw networking Probs

Post by John Hil » Fri, 19 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> Trying to set up a linux router for a network based on a floppyfw. 2 NIC's
> in server (D-Link SN2000 ISA & Netgear FA310TX PCI) and floppyfw can't
> initialize...i think its the setup in syslinux.cfg the ports are all 0,0,0
> ...what to do?

It would help to see an error message or two.  Is something like 'eth0
delaying initialization' showing up?  Can both cards use the same module
(I always want to say 'driver')?  Whenever I set up a 2-NIC machine, I
have to use matching cards, or I can never get both to work at the same
time.  If the module doesn't control both cards, then you can't get
ifconfig to initialize them... HTH.

1. Probs networking Linux/WfWg/Linux network

I'm trying to add a linux/win95 box to a mostly WfWg LAN with (I think) two
servers (for different purposes) one WfWg, one Linux connected via a dialup
line to the Internet (oh, yeah I'm running 1.3.20 compiled with nfs, smb
and msdos fs included :-)

There seem to be a couple of problems.
I can ping any machine on the LAN from linux(1-2 ms response time) but anyone
else gets a hang for about 10-15 secs and a "unknown host" response...

I can (via Win95) pass files back and forth with any LAN machine (so no probs
with hardware) but attempting to mount remote drives through Linux I get an
"access denied" from the linux server, and some sort of RPC incompatibility
(don't remember the exact words, but can find them if necessary) with the WfWg
machines...

so, where do I find the files on which machines under what name that I missed
in setting up? and what do I need to put in them?

TIA,

Rob

2. ncpfs exported via NFS mystery

3. Two clients to one floppyfw gateway

4. Ghostscript and Printer

5. Two clients to floppyfw linux gateway

6. TCP server question

7. floppyfw - need help (router experts welcome)

8. The : construct

9. floppyfw

10. Recognizing 3com 3c905c NICs Wtih FloppyFW

11. Can't connect to floppyfw

12. 3c509 Network card prob at boot

13. Unix Network Programming - Second edition - Volume 1 - unp.h prob.