pppd (from slackware 3.0.0 - kernel 1.3.??)

pppd (from slackware 3.0.0 - kernel 1.3.??)

Post by Arlo Ihri » Sat, 29 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Hi all,

I just recently installed linux slackware 3.0.0 and am using the lastest kernel that
came with it.

I cannot for the life of me get pppd to make a phone call.  I've tried the example
script from the man pages.  I've tried two different scripts from other people who
have similar setups - it just won't make the call.  The only thing I saw that looked
like an error was: nmbd - no such file or directory -- which was in the system log.

I can use minicom with no problem what-so-ever...

Does kernel 2.0.0 provide better functionality?  Should try a newer version of pppd?

I'd really appreciate any help...

Thanks!

www.radfx.com