How to use wlancfg?

Post by Jonathan Can » Sun, 30 Mar 2003 14:49:47

I'm setting up a laptop to use a Linksys WPC11v3 card under Redhat
8.0.  After starting from scratch with a fresh 2.4.20 kernel,
disabling kernel PCMCIA, installing the current pcmcia-cs package, and
installing the wlan-ng drivers, I was finally successful in getting it
to work.  It's in ad-hoc mode, and I can ping the other wireless
stations on the network.

However - now I need to know how to configure the card.  Specifically,
I need to know how to use wlancfg, or whatever program is required, in
order to adjust the power level on the card, adjust the number of
retransmissions allowed, and enable promiscuous mode (for use with
Kismet for sniffing).

Is there any documentation for wlancfg out there?  So far I haven't
been able to find anything, and I don't have a clue how to use it...

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Jon

How to use wlancfg?

Post by D. Stuss » Mon, 31 Mar 2003 10:48:51

> I'm setting up a laptop to use a Linksys WPC11v3 card under Redhat
> 8.0.  After starting from scratch with a fresh 2.4.20 kernel,
> disabling kernel PCMCIA, installing the current pcmcia-cs package, and
> installing the wlan-ng drivers, I was finally successful in getting it
> to work.  It's in ad-hoc mode, and I can ping the other wireless
> stations on the network.

> However - now I need to know how to configure the card.  Specifically,
> I need to know how to use wlancfg, or whatever program is required, in
> order to adjust the power level on the card, adjust the number of
> retransmissions allowed, and enable promiscuous mode (for use with
> Kismet for sniffing).

> Is there any documentation for wlancfg out there?  So far I haven't
> been able to find anything, and I don't have a clue how to use it...

> Any help would be greatly appreciated,

You can always look through its source files for the commands.  Documentation
isn't that high a priority for some packages. :-(

1. enlightenment keyboard shortcuts Q's: using the win key, using c+a+sh, conf file?

Hi,

I like the keyboard shortcuts in enlightenment, however, I'm runing into a
few problems:

1. I can't use the WIN key for any shortcuts. For example, I would like WIN
to open the menu (like windows)
2. I tried setting keys to Ctrl + Alt + Shift + <some key>. They work while
I'm in session, but as soon as I log out, they get changed to Ctrl + Shift.
Even if I save the session.
3. When I change settings, do they get stored in some conf file? That would
be nice so that I could perform edits to import changes quickly instead of
going through the GUI. I grepped on obvious strings, but I couldn't find a
configuration file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David

2. Ghosts and shadows with X

3. cannot print using lpr without PPP connection using Caldera (Red Hat)

4. hme_remove - hme not on list???

5. Problem using CD in Win98 after using Linux

6. Help with REMOTE_USER please

7. Using telnet from standalone PC using dialup? How?

8. Athlon X2 can't see all 4G of memory, help please

9. Using Linux as a gateway to the internet (using ppp) for win95

10. Can the accept() be used after using one successful connect() with the same TCP port ?

11. Using C, what ports are being used by which programs?

12. using network boot to install RedHat using Anaconda

13. Using Sed and Shell Variables in Multiple Lines Search and Replace using /c\