Oh, this is frustrating....
I'm running RedHat Linux 5.1 with kernel 2.0.34, and I need some advice on
homework, and I know what I need to get done, but there's some challenges in
the way. Here's where I'm at:
- Ethernet card's ok... everything looks fine there
- dhcpcd 0.65 installed on the system - this needs to be upgraded SO..
- research leads me to dhcpcd 0.70 - grabbed the source, rockin' now
- OOPS! source won't compile!
- more research informs me that the problem is 0.70 was made against libc5,
not glibc2(or something like that... it's a lib problem anyway)
- BUT, there's an rpm out there for 0.70! go get it..
- OOPS! The site has vanished into the bitbucket
- RedHat has 0.65 and 0.66 on site for 5.1... no 0.70
- formerly white monitor turned black from extremely profane outburst
What's the best thing to do next?
- Update/patch the libs? If so where are the files and instructions for a
- Is there a newer version of dhcpcd that's stable with the 2.0.34 kernel?
AND compilable with the RH 5.1 libs? If so where do I get it?
Any help anyone can give will be deeply appreciated, but please keep in mind
I've only been using Linux for 21 days :)