bootp vs DHCPD

Post by Eelco Nieuwsta » Mon, 02 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi

i'm trying to setup a diskless client. I ask for are ip addres + bootfile
from a dhcpd server but after this server sends a dhcpack it keeps asking
for a dhcprequest. I think it can;t process the data send to it. How can i
specifi that dhcpd uses old bootp protocol or something  like that??

regards Eelco Nieuwstad

1. Samba vs. DHCPd vs. NAMEd

Hi..

  I have the following network setup:

server1.doug.net
44.128.7.1
DHCPd running..
Samba 2.0.7 acting as PDC
(Redhat 6.2 : Kernel 2.2.14-6.1.1)

work2.doug.net
DHCP client
(WINNT 4.0 w/SP6a)

  So far everything works fine except..     When I PING work2 from
server1 I get no reply..     I can PING server1 from work2 and I get
and I get responses..     I think my problem is somewhere between
NAMED and DHCPD on server1..   I just can't figure is out..

  Does anyone have any suggestions??   Any help would be greatly
appreciated!

V/R
DMPervine

2. Drives/Partitions in Linux

3. help: booting a computer with bootp/dhcpd

4. What is ${0##*/}$$????

5. DHCPD as a replacement to BOOTP

6. NCR 53c810 Driver Stability

7. bootp/dhcpd

8. opie-2.32 on RedHat

9. dhcpd ignores bootp requests

10. Help needed: DHCPD does not answer BOOTP requests

11. linux-2.1.122 and nfsroot via dhcpd BOOTP

12. Running a DHCP server (in.dhcpd) while BOOTP server (bootps) is in inetd.conf?

13. Dhcpd failover - no bootp allowed.