Problem with Wavelan 2.4GHz ISA card [NWID]

Problem with Wavelan 2.4GHz ISA card [NWID]

Post by Mike De » Thu, 29 May 1997 04:00:00

Hello, recently we obtained 2 ISA Wavelan cards. Both cards seem to perform
ok with the PTPDIAG program supplied with the cards.
The problem appears with one of the cards when booting Linux 2.0.30.(both
machines same kernel)
One card reports the NWID is 'off', all other paramaters are picked up ok,
IO=0x390 IRQ=5 Freq=2.422GHz etc.
The other card seems fine and reports the NWID=ec-b6. The cards do not appear
to be communicating correctly with Linux.
I belive there is a utility called 'iwconfig' I dont seem to be able to locate
this anywhere??
Thanks for any information.
Mike

Post by Gordon Chaff » Thu, 29 May 1997 04:00:00

>Hello, recently we obtained 2 ISA Wavelan cards. Both cards seem to perform
>ok with the PTPDIAG program supplied with the cards.
>The problem appears with one of the cards when booting Linux 2.0.30.(both
>machines same kernel)
>One card reports the NWID is 'off', all other paramaters are picked up ok,
>IO=0x390 IRQ=5 Freq=2.422GHz etc.
>The other card seems fine and reports the NWID=ec-b6. The cards do not appear
>to be communicating correctly with Linux.
>I belive there is a utility called 'iwconfig' I dont seem to be able to locate
>this anywhere??

I have version .15 of it, but I can't find where I got it from.  I checked
all the documentation in the package itself, and I didn't find an email,
ftp, or web address.  I put a copy of it up on
  ftp://bmrc.berkeley.edu/pub/linux/wavelan/wavelan.15.tar.gz

--
Gordon Chaffee

http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/people/chaffee

Problem with Wavelan 2.4GHz ISA card [NWID]

Post by Gordon Chaff » Thu, 29 May 1997 04:00:00

>Hello, recently we obtained 2 ISA Wavelan cards. Both cards seem to perform
>ok with the PTPDIAG program supplied with the cards.
>The problem appears with one of the cards when booting Linux 2.0.30.(both
>machines same kernel)
>One card reports the NWID is 'off', all other paramaters are picked up ok,
>IO=0x390 IRQ=5 Freq=2.422GHz etc.
>The other card seems fine and reports the NWID=ec-b6. The cards do not appear
>to be communicating correctly with Linux.
>I belive there is a utility called 'iwconfig' I dont seem to be able to locate
>this anywhere??

I have version .15 of it, but I can't find where I got it from.  I checked
all the documentation in the package itself, and I didn't find an email,
ftp, or web address.  I put a copy of it up on
  ftp://bmrc.berkeley.edu/pub/linux/wavelan/wavelan.15.tar.gz

--
Gordon Chaffee

http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/people/chaffee

1. WaveLAN 2.4ghz non-IEEE ISA

I'm trying to get 2.4 GHz WaveLAN non-IEEE cards to work on two linux
2.2.1 systems, and I'm having a few problems.

1) Neither system recognizes the cards when booted.  I've turned off ISA PNP
in the bios and on the system; I set the jumpers to 0x390 io base address,
but neither when I boot the system with the thing compiled into the kernel nor
when I load a module does the system recognize it.

I am going to try putting together a dos boot floppy to test the hardware to
make sure it's not a hardware or bios problem, but I suspect it's a driver
issue.

2) When I try compiling the wireless tools, they fail to build, giving the
following errors:

/tmp/ccc00702: In function `float2freq':
/tmp/ccc00702(.text+0x55): undefined reference to `pow10'
/tmp/ccc00702: In function `freq2float':
/tmp/ccc00702(.text+0xf1): undefined reference to `pow10'

I've had this problem with both wireless tools .15 and .16

Has anyone gotten wavelan 2.4ghz non-IEEE 2.4ghz to work with 2.2.1?

Thanks,
Ryan
--
Ryan Lackey

http://www.venona.com/rdl/

2. adduser pgm/script

3. ISA-to-PCMCIA card (with Lucent WaveLAN card) not recognized

4. 2.4.20-pre4/ext3: Fix O_SYNC for non-data-journaled modes.

5. Problem installing WaveLAN Silver Card with ISA Adapter

6. xmkmf

7. Problem with WaveLAN ISA(PCMCIA) card

8. Window based editor for AIX/6000

9. Wavelan ISA Gold card setup

10. NCR/AT&T/Lucent WaveLAN 915MHz ISA Cards

11. Lucent WaveLAN ISA card support

12. Adding a Wavelan ISA adapter and wireless card

13. Isa wavelan & RedHat 9 problem