Linksys EtherPCI LAN Card II

Post by David Grah » Sun, 27 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I am having trouble getting my Linksys EtherPCI LAN Card II working under
linux (slackware 3.2, linux-2.0.29).  I have looked in all the H-T's, FAQ's,
etc... and searched for info on this card with no luck.  I tried using the
NE2000 drivers, but that didn't work.  The chip it uses appears to be a
Winbond W89C940F.  Has anyone gotten this card to work under Linux?  I know
the card itself works fine (under NT unfortunately).

Thanks,
David

1. Linksys EtherPCI LAN Card II

Has anyone had any success with a Linksys EtherPCI LAN Card II under Linux?
I'm using RedHat 4.2 kernel 2.0.30 (I've got RH 5.0, but haven't upgraded
yet). So far, when the driver loads on boot up it mis-identifies the card as
an NE1000, instead of NE2000. Then I get a boot message "SIOCADDRT- Invalid
Argument". At the prompt I get "eth0: Bogus packet Size:0, status=0x0
Nxpq=0x20", and also, " eth0: Timeout waiting for Tx ...." (sorry my memory
fails me on the rest). Any help or ideas will be appreciated, however, at
the risk of sounding picky, I am no hacker so, I would prefer a solution
that doesn't involve re-compiling the kernel. I tried that a couple of times
and I have no idea what half of the options I am asked to choose from are,
even after studying Linux for a year! (And, NO, it is not true that if you
don't know what they are you don't need them! Been there, done that, bad
news!)

2. How to get time in Unix below the magnitude of seconds ?

3. Linksys EtherPCI Lan Card II driver sought

4. Redhat linux upgrade question

5. Cable modem and LinkSys EtherPCI LAN Card II not going to gether with RedHat Linux.

6. Telephone log in Linux?

7. Linksys EtherPCI LAN Card II

8. Sr Unix Admin

9. LinkSys EtherPCI LAN Card II

10. Linksys EtherPCI Lan Card II compatability?

11. Need help configuring Linksys EtherPCI LAN Card II

12. Linksys EtherPCI LAN Card II

13. Presario 4706 & Linksys EtherPCI LAN Card II