Exchange alternative??

Post by @T » Tue, 11 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

Is there an Exchange Server alternative around ??
Basically i want the staff in the company to be able to share address book.

Exchange alternative??

Post by Duncan Simps » Tue, 11 May 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi,
>Is there an Exchange Server alternative around ??
>Basically i want the staff in the company to be able to share address book.

If the address book is fairly static then sendmail aliases will do
this (and a whole lot more) with no problems. You might also want to
investigate mail list managament software like majorodmo too.

Duncan  (-:

--
Duncan (-:
"software industry, the: unique industry where selling substandard goods is

1. is there an MS Exchange alternative for Linux?

hi all,

im trying to convince a company to change from MS SBS to Linux.  I can
replicate SBS on Linux but im missing a MS exchange equivalent on Linux.
Any help or links on this would be great.  I have use Openmail in before,
but is there anything else out there? (i want some level os support to be
around in the future)?  I would've thought this would be major target in the
Linux community to take down M$.  SBS is the dominant server product for SME
businesses in my area, and Linux is missing only one key feature to take it
down!
thanks, trav

2. Debian-sarge gateway refuses to renew it's DHCP-lease

3. MS exchange alternative on Linux

4. Recommendations for a 17" monitor

5. Alternative to MS Exchange Server??

6. Reccomended Development applications

7. Looking for UNIX alternative to M$ Exchange

8. how it set su path?

9. Any suggestions regarding an Exchange 5.5 alternative?

10. Linux alternative to Exchange found to be 1/2 the cost!

11. Exchange Server Public Folder Alternative.

12. alternative to exchange caldender service for linux

13. alternative to Exchange w/ calendar, etc