telnet into linux from pc hangs pc

Post by Carl Crawfo » Sun, 10 Sep 1995 04:00:00

i am using telnet from the pctcp package to connect to my linux system.
the actual name of the telnet program is tn. when i telnet into my
linux system, the session hangs whenever the linux system executes a
select command. this version of telnet does not hang when i log into
other unix and linux systems.  it also works correctly when i telnet to
my machine via an intermediate system. does anyone have any suggestions
on what is wrong? please reply directly as i am not a regular reader of
this group. thanks.

Carl R. Crawford                Voice: 508-977-3000
Analogic Corporation            Fax: 508-977-9867

Peabody, MA 01960               Home: 414-962-9831

telnet into linux from pc hangs pc

Post by Martia » Fri, 15 Sep 1995 04:00:00

You need to compile the kernel with PCTCP Compatibility ON.

Lee.

> i am using telnet from the pctcp package to connect to my linux system.
> the actual name of the telnet program is tn. when i telnet into my
> linux system, the session hangs whenever the linux system executes a
> select command. this version of telnet does not hang when i log into
> other unix and linux systems.  it also works correctly when i telnet to
> my machine via an intermediate system. does anyone have any suggestions
> on what is wrong? please reply directly as i am not a regular reader of
> this group. thanks.

> Carl R. Crawford           Voice: 508-977-3000
> Analogic Corporation               Fax: 508-977-9867

> Peabody, MA 01960          Home: 414-962-9831

1. Linux experts: I need your help in doing Telnet from weindows PC to linux PC

Guys,

I really need your help. I am tryiong telnet from windows PC to Linux
PC through router. I can ping from windows PC. But I can't telnet. I
already posted a question about this, some experts suggested to me to
check telnet file in /etc/xinetd.d directory, also some other
suggestions, I did everything, but still I can't do telnet. I can ping
in both ways. I am using RH 8.0 linux. I have Netgera 4 port router.
What is my problem?

Could somebody tell me how to copy files from floppy to Linux
machine?. Appreciated somuch for your help, thanks in advance.

2. Unanswered Question About X11R6

3. RH8.0 hangs 'pc cards' initializing PC card devices

4. agpgart and utah-glx

5. PC-NFS PC-to-PC copy is it possible?

6. Dos-like debugger to unix systems

7. Configuring Linux tools: i586-pc-linux-gnu or i586-pc-linux-gnulibc1 ?????

8. What determines default desktop manager?

9. i586-pc-linux-gnulibc1 vs. i586-pc-linux-gnu

10. PC vendors for PCs to run Unix (Linux, Solaris, etc.)

11. Linux on a Sharp PC-A250/PC-A280

12. HELP!!! FTP from Win95 PC to LINUX PC

13. Need help connecting W98 PC to Linux PC (Slackware 7.0)