SMC ETHEREZ PROBLEM

Post by Yeuk-Yu Ch » Wed, 04 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hi
    I have a smc etherez ethernet card.  I am running currently the
latest version of REDHAT.  For some reasons, linux would recognize the
card  but would crash everytime I telnet to a unix station.  I am using
the SMC ETHEREZ driver for the card.  Any ideas what might be the
problem?
    Thanks
    Joe

SMC ETHEREZ PROBLEM

Post by Richard Sander » Wed, 04 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> Hi
>     I have a smc etherez ethernet card.  I am running currently the
> latest version of REDHAT.  For some reasons, linux would recognize the
> card  but would crash everytime I telnet to a unix station.  I am using
> the SMC ETHEREZ driver for the card.  Any ideas what might be the
> problem?
>     Thanks
>     Joe

The only way that I got my EtherEZ to work correctly was to compile in the
driver for the WDC 80-something ethernet driver instead of the EZ driver.

SMC ETHEREZ PROBLEM

Post by bill davids » Thu, 05 Dec 1996 04:00:00

| The only way that I got my EtherEZ to work correctly was to compile in the
| driver for the WDC 80-something ethernet driver instead of the EZ driver.

WD8013/SMC something...
--

"As a software development model, Anarchy does not scale well."
                -Dave Welch

1. SMC EtherEZ problems

Anybody out there having problems with an SMC EtherEZ card???  For some
reason, if I configure the address and IRQ, to any valid setting,  I get
either an eth0 initialization delayed, or another error, that escapes me at
the moment.   And if I have the card autoprobe...I get the same thing.   I
have had this problem with 3 identical cards.  I am running RH 5.2

any help would be appreciated

2. Strange bootup message in RH 6.0

3. SMC EtherEz problem

4. I have to buy some more MS stocks

5. SMC EtherEZ - problem solved

6. Help with xf86config

7. SMC ETHEREZ PROBLEM

8. Changing DOS partition to Linux partition

9. SMC 83c795 (EtherEZ) and SMC Ultra driver

10. problem: 2 SMC EtherEZ in one system

11. Q: SMC EtherEZ config problem

12. Problems with an SMC EtherEZ in RedHat 6.1

13. problems setting up SMC Etherez (8416-T) in kernel 2.0.36 (Slackware distribution)