After IP Masquerade done ??

Post by Robert C. Paulsen, Jr » Wed, 16 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> I have configured IP Masquerade on my Linux box and it work fine with my
> other Win95 Machine on LAN.

> By the way, It is posible to do this :-

> Can anyone tell me how to configure so that the modem dial when the client
> from Win95 get access to the Internet and the line drop if nobody get access
> to the Internet ???

> Thanks in advance ....

> Joekie Thong

Look for diald.

--
Robert Paulsen                         http://paulsen.home.texas.net
If my return address contains "ZAP." please remove it. Sorry for the

After IP Masquerade done ??

Post by Philboyd Studg » Wed, 16 Dec 1998 04:00:00

you could use diald on the Linux box.

http://www.loonie.net/~eschenk/diald.html

Although doesn't the most recent version of ppp support dial-on-demand?

Anybody using it that way?

> I have configured IP Masquerade on my Linux box and it work fine with my
> other Win95 Machine on LAN.

> By the way, It is posible to do this :-

> Can anyone tell me how to configure so that the modem dial when the client
> from Win95 get access to the Internet and the line drop if nobody get access
> to the Internet ???

> Thanks in advance ....

> Joekie Thong

After IP Masquerade done ??

Post by Philboyd Studg » Wed, 16 Dec 1998 04:00:00

good stuff, Kevin, just what I've been looking for

> >Can anyone tell me how to configure so that the modem dial when the client
> >from Win95 get access to the Internet and the line drop if nobody get access
> >to the Internet ???

> Yep.  I never got diald to work, but dial-on-demand is built in to the
> current pppd  (which is NOT the one that is distributed with the kernel, for
> some reason no one has ever explained very well!).

> I collected and edited some posts to this group on the combined subjects of
> pppd dial-on-demand and IP masquerade and saved them at this address:

> <http://www.nic.com/~cannon/Linux/>

After IP Masquerade done ??

Post by Kevin Mart » Thu, 17 Dec 1998 04:00:00

>Can anyone tell me how to configure so that the modem dial when the client
>from Win95 get access to the Internet and the line drop if nobody get access
>to the Internet ???

Yep.  I never got diald to work, but dial-on-demand is built in to the
current pppd  (which is NOT the one that is distributed with the kernel, for
some reason no one has ever explained very well!).

I collected and edited some posts to this group on the combined subjects of
pppd dial-on-demand and IP masquerade and saved them at this address:

<http://www.nic.com/~cannon/Linux/>

After IP Masquerade done ??

Post by Georg » Thu, 17 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Well done Kev.

'll probably end up using some of your collected wisdom, even though I
already have ip masq running for 3 win95 machines and another linux box. In
particular, the bits relating to demand dialling sound good. At the moment
I'm using masqdialer to connect the linux server to the net - but if demand
dialling works out... :)

George

Post by Class.. » Tue, 05 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>>Can anyone tell me how to configure so that the modem dial when the client
>>from Win95 get access to the Internet and the line drop if nobody get access
>>to the Internet ???

>Yep.  I never got diald to work, but dial-on-demand is built in to the
>current pppd  (which is NOT the one that is distributed with the kernel, for
>some reason no one has ever explained very well!).

>I collected and edited some posts to this group on the combined subjects of
>pppd dial-on-demand and IP masquerade and saved them at this address:

><http://www.nic.com/~cannon/Linux/>

This is magnificent. Thank you.

1. IP for masqueraded net other than masquerading host IP

Hello

I have a linux box which should work as router for two subnets to the internet.
One subnet has valid IP addresses but the other subnet with private IPs has to be masqueraded. Is it possible to masquerade this subnet with an IP address from the other subnet or with the IP of the router port which is connected to the valid subnet and not with the IP address of the router port which is connected to the internet which is the default?

regards
Klaus

2. Help with dual boot: Linux already there, need windows

3. Ip-Masquerade and games over the net...what am I doing wrong????????

4. Netscape available for Linux? Where?

5. Biostar m6vla Motherboard with via chipset and kernel 2.4.x

6. IP Masquerading works, but does not masquerade from within the local network

7. sh -c behavior. bug or feature?

8. IP MASQuerading NOT Masquerading?

9. Backup scripts, IP firewalling and IP masquerading

10. IP NAT and IP Masquerading

11. IP-Chains vs. IP-Masquerade