win 98 access to linux box

Post by cider.. » Sun, 12 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I have a linux box with samba running on my net. I have configured my
win 9x machines with tcp/ip and the can see the linux folders and files.
when I try to open the files in rw mode with #1 win 98 machine
everythig is fine. When I try the same with the #2 win 98 machine I get
file access errors.

Thanks in advance for any help

Bob

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

win 98 access to linux box

Post by Randy Ha » Sun, 12 Dec 1999 04:00:00

You may need set PlainPassword=1 on your win98 machine. By default, Samba is
plain pw and Win98 is encrypted pw.