DNS setup on Linux bow w/ cable modem

Post by bowco » Sat, 27 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Was wondering if anyone has succesfully setup a DNS server on linux with a
cable modem connection.

                  http://www.searchlinux.com

Post by Alex La » Sat, 27 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> Was wondering if anyone has succesfully setup a DNS server on linux with a

> cable modem connection.

>                   http://www.searchlinux.com

Tons of info on cable modem there.

http://www.cablemodeminfo.com/LinuxCableModem.html

Alex Lam.

***     ***     ***     ***     ***     ***     ***
Remove the X from my email address if reply by e mail.

DNS setup on Linux bow w/ cable modem

Post by Aaron Mulde » Sun, 28 Mar 1999 04:00:00

cards, IP Masquerading, and DNS.  What's the question?

Aaron

> Was wondering if anyone has succesfully setup a DNS server on linux with a

> cable modem connection.

>                   http://www.searchlinux.com

1. linux setup for cable modem service by Cable TV Montgomery/ExpressNet

Hi,

I just found out that I can't get DSL for my home computer, so I'm
hoping I can get cable modem.  I live in Montgomery County, Maryland,
and as far as I know, the only cable company operating in that area is
Cable TV Montgomery (www.ctvm.com) and their ISP is ExpressNet
(www.ex-pressnet.com).  According to ExpressNet's web site, the system
requirements for High Speed Cable Modem Service is a PC running Windows
95 or 98.

Since I pretty much only run linux on my home computer, I am wondering
if anybody has set up their linux machine to use the cable modem service
provided by Cable TV Montgomery and ExpressNet, and if so, if it
required a special setup.

Also, if there is another cable modem provider in that area (Rockville,
Maryland), I would love to hear about it.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pat

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Are there no utility like DOSKEY,NCD in UNIX?

3. DNS setup for private lan & cable modem gateway

4. How to do Semaphores

5. Cable modem..56 modem dial up, 500K cable modem download stream...

6. RedHat/SPARC installs o.k., but can't boot

7. Yet another cable modem setup question :( (Philadelphia area Suburban Cable)

8. Dsniff and ip forwarding

9. cable modem + router + many linux PCs: need local DNS?

10. Cable Modem (COX @HOME), I NEED HELP SETTING UP MY CABLE MODEM WITH RH 5.1

11. @Home Cable Modem and RedHat 6.0 -- no packets get past the cable modem at all!

12. Linux setup of @home cable modem

13. Setup for Mediaone road runner one way cable modem on linux (suse 6.4)