redhat7.3 nfs server time outs

Post by Steve Jun » Fri, 15 Nov 2002 23:42:18

Hi
Copying files from a standard Unix system to a mounted partician from a
linux pc
takes eternity.

NFS3 server not responding still trying
NFS3 server ok

repeated over and over again.

I've tried with NFS version 2 and have also reduced the wsize to 8k but this
has no effect.

Any ideas?
Steve

1. Socket to SMTP server - periodic time outs

I wrote a socket client to stream email to an SMTP server - it does
the job.  I use a non-blocking socket and for each read interaction I
use select to check for a response (I'm already working on a version
to use poll instead).  Out of ~500,000 emails a day I get ~3,000 time
outs waiting to read a response from the server - not a big deal, but
I'm not sure that I should see any given that the time out is 2
seconds.

Any thoughts?  Here's some more info: Solaris 8 (with latest patch
set), tcp_nodelay is on, keep-alive is on.

Should I be looking more at the SMTP server than my client code?

tia,

2. nmap-reading

3. RPC time outs at boot time

4. Multi boot OS install sequence

5. fix VIA Rhine time outs (some)

6. Indenting program for C++

7. Netscape time-outs

8. Network Security Positions

9. named configuartion in a ppp setup - time outs

10. SCSI Time Outs? Please Help.

11. Jserv time outs

12. * rwall and shutdown: rpc time-outs *

13. Scsi host time outs -- help