ftp Error connect :10061

Post by Matthew Darc » Fri, 05 Oct 2001 04:59:11

Hi,

I am using redhat 7.0 and every time I ftp TO the redhat 7.0 server I get
the error connect :10061 on the client.

What does this mean and how do I fix it ?

FTP sessions where working a couple of days ago.

Thanks,

Matt

ftp Error connect :10061

Post by Repo » Fri, 05 Oct 2001 05:23:40

> Hi,

> I am using redhat 7.0 and every time I ftp TO the redhat 7.0 server I
> get the error connect :10061 on the client.

> What does this mean and how do I fix it ?

> FTP sessions where working a couple of days ago.

> Thanks,

> Matt

This error is caused when the server is refusing the connection.

--
Repo       http://beginnerslinux.org
Red Hat Linux release 7.1 Kernel 2.4.3-12 on an i586

Microsoft Corp., concerned by the growing popularity of the free 32-bit
operating system for Intel systems, Linux, has employed a number of top
programmers from the underground world of virus development. Bill Gates stated
yesterday: "World domination, fast -- it's either us or Linus". Mr. Torvalds
was unavailable for comment ...

ftp Error connect :10061

Post by Dean Thompso » Fri, 05 Oct 2001 18:54:29

Hi!,

Quote:> I am using redhat 7.0 and every time I ftp TO the redhat 7.0 server I get
> the error connect :10061 on the client.

> What does this mean and how do I fix it ?

> FTP sessions where working a couple of days ago.

Check to make sure that your ftp server is actually listening for incoming
connections.  You might like to issue the command: "netstat -an | grep 21" and
see whether or not the FTP server port is listening for connections.  If it
is, you might then want to take a look at the output of ipchains and see
whether or not you are blocking port 21 on the system.

See ya

Dean Thompson

ftp Error connect :10061

Post by ro.. » Sat, 06 Oct 2001 09:01:43

> Hi,

> I am using redhat 7.0 and every time I ftp TO the redhat 7.0 server I get
> the error connect :10061 on the client.

> What does this mean and how do I fix it ?

> FTP sessions where working a couple of days ago.

> Thanks,

> Matt

Check your /etc/xinetd.d directory.  If you installed support for FTP
there will be a file in the directory called wu-ftpd.  You need to edit
the file to enable support for FTP.  You must also turn off IPChains to
test to see if this change to wu-ftpd works.  NOTE: you should really
look into Secure Shell (SSH).  There is a companion program called SCP
(secure copy) which is the better way to go.

ftp Error connect :10061

Post by Ciscoma » Mon, 31 Dec 2001 14:42:28

> Hi,

> I am using redhat 7.0 and every time I ftp TO the redhat 7.0 server I get
> the error connect :10061 on the client.

> What does this mean and how do I fix it ?

> FTP sessions where working a couple of days ago.

> Thanks,

> Matt

Suggest problem with RH website, check from good old command line if
possible.

1. Problems using IP port 10061? HELP!

I am having problems when using port number 10061.  I have a client process
and a server process that uses port number 10061, but the client is
connecting to something when the server is not running.  If the server is
NOT running, and I start the client, the client thinks its connected to
something.  I did a netstat and I see a couple entries dealing with port
10061 when the server is not running.  If I change the port (i.e. 9101)
everything works as planned.  Another strange thing is that this only
happens in the loopback.  If I have the server running on port 10061 on a
remote machine, the client, server works just fine.  There is only a
problem when the client and server are running on the same machine.  Does
anyone now what service is using port number 10061 that does not have an
entry in /etc/services or is there something wrong with using port number
10061?

JG

This message was created and sent using the Cyberdog Mail System

2. Kernel panic

3. error 421 when connecting to my ftp-server

4. Debian and 2.2.5

5. slow ftp connect/ inetd error messages

6. Adding Inodes

7. ftp: connect: a remote host refused an attempted connect operation.

8. ARE HAYES ACCURA 56K/V.90 MODEMS LINUX-COMPATIBLE...?

9. How to connect to an FTP through an FTP-Proxy.

10. nwauth error error -632 [0xFFFFFD88] trying to connect to Novell NDS

11. Web browser as FTP client: errors on my (solaris 2.4) FTP site

12. FTP Undefined error 0 during install over active ftp

13. Problems connecting from Windows 2000 to Solaris (IMAP, FTP)