samba + NT WS 4 beta 2

Post by Paul O'Ma » Fri, 06 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hi there,
I guess this is really an NT problem but I doubt if I'd get any real
help in comp.*.nt :)

I'm happily running Linux 1.2.13 and samba 1.9.13 , it servers some
Win95 machines beautifully. Alas a collegue who is deep in the MS camp
has added NT Workstation 4 beta 2 to the network and this is causing a
problem.

Setup NT to see samba shares with reconnect at login - ok
Logout of NT and login
NT says no path to network if I try access #any# samba share
NT Delete #one# of the samba shares
NT Reconnect the samba share [\\gywn\myhome say]
NT now sees all the samba shares fine

I've tried this using same userid + passwd on NT and Linux but it
makes no difference, I must manually delete and reinstall #one# of the
samba shares to get them #all# to work.

Any ideas please, I feel like a Roman trying to stop the Visigoths
here.

------------------------------O~O-------------------------------

Newbie info for IoL users at  ---==>> www.iol.ie/~omara/fastfact

samba + NT WS 4 beta 2

Post by rolan.. » Sat, 07 Sep 1996 04:00:00

> Hi there,
> I guess this is really an NT problem but I doubt if I'd get any real
> help in comp.*.nt :)

> I'm happily running Linux 1.2.13 and samba 1.9.13 , it servers some
> Win95 machines beautifully. Alas a collegue who is deep in the MS camp
> has added NT Workstation 4 beta 2 to the network and this is causing a
> problem.

> Setup NT to see samba shares with reconnect at login - ok
> Logout of NT and login
> NT says no path to network if I try access #any# samba share
> NT Delete #one# of the samba shares
> NT Reconnect the samba share [\\gywn\myhome say]
> NT now sees all the samba shares fine

> I've tried this using same userid + passwd on NT and Linux but it
> makes no difference, I must manually delete and reinstall #one# of the
> samba shares to get them #all# to work.

make a batch file to do all you connections and put it in the startup group
on the NT machine.

1. Samba 1.9c & Windows NT WS 4.0 SP4 AND MS Data Access Pac 2.0

Hi Folks,

i have a problem with the MS Data Access Pack:
When i install it on the NT Workstation then i cant get connected to a Samba
Share. The entry PLAINTEXTPASSWORD in  the NT Registry
is also set. It looks like the Data Access Pack is changing something to the
Encrypted Passwd System under NT ... Microsoft couldnt help.
So if anyone got the same problem (and God Hope) a solution please message
... thx

2. How to install filesystems on a dos - formated floppy-disk???

3. Samba & NT WS sharing problem

4. US-CA-Jr.Sys.Admin.Unix-Recruiter

5. Connect NT WS to Samba

6. backspace key missing in X

7. NT NT NT NT NT NT NT MT

8. How to setup pcmcia modem?

9. NT Web Server : Seeking beta testers for Windows 95, Windows NT Web Server

10. Red Hat 5.2 together w existing NT 4.0 WS

11. NT 4 WS ip @ assignment with bootpd-2.4.3-7

12. NT kernel of WS is the same of SERVER...

13. Windows NT 4.0 WS/98 and Linux Redhat 5.1 - Order of installation?