I need help!!!!

Post by Marquis A.C. Jiggitt » Sun, 25 May 1997 04:00:00

I am trying to open to network configuration panel in the Control
Panel.  I can not seem to do it.  My computer is a DEC Alpha Multia
166 mhz.  Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated!

Marquis Jiggitts

I need help!!!!

Post by root » Tue, 27 May 1997 04:00:00

> I am trying to open to network configuration panel in the Control
> Panel.  I can not seem to do it.  My computer is a DEC Alpha Multia
> 166 mhz.  Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated!

> Marquis Jiggitts

I had the same thing happen using RedHat 4.1 on a PC. Try reinstalling
the "netcfg" rpm. It worked for me. Good luck.

I need help!!!!

Post by Voltai » Thu, 29 May 1997 04:00:00

If i remember correctly redhat 4.1 would not load netcfg if the
/etc/sysconfig/network file previously existed.  I am pretty sure it is
that file but you might want to make a backup of it just in case (could be
static-routes), I dont remember exactly because I never did like gui
stuff.

--
Voltaire                          "I disapprove of what you say,

http://www.flinet.com/~voltaire    death your right to say it"