Set up own filter for CUPS?

Post by Kai Gro?joha » Thu, 05 Dec 2002 20:15:32

I'd like CUPS to use Acroread for PDF-to-PS conversion.  But I've
been unable to figure out how to do that.

Debian sarge comes with a file /etc/cups/mime.convs which contains
the following line:

application/pdf         application/postscript  33      pdftops

I replaced pdftops with "/usr/sw/acroread/default/bin/acroread
-toPostScript" (sans quotes), but that didn't do the trick.

I wrote a short shell script /etc/cups/filter.pdftops

    #!/bin/sh

and put "/etc/cups/filter.pdftops" into /etc/cups/mime.convs, but no
dice either.  I then changed the shell script to create a file
/tmp/foo, but that file was never created, so CUPS didn't even
execute the script.

What's going wrong?

--
~/.signature is: umop ap!sdn    (Frank Nobis)

1. cups with my own filter

Hi all,

I installed cups printer system on my linux box, nice tool,
SuSE 7.0. cups 1.1. But now I want to use my own filter.
In which directory do I have to install this filter-program
and where do I have to tell the cups-system to use this filter
for the specific printer. The filter confirms to the rules
given in the cups manuals e.g. it accepts the 6 or 7 parameters,
reads the data, converts the data in any way and sends it to
stdout. Important to me is that cups does nothing with the data
before and after scheduling the filter.

Thanks in advance
Greetings B. Rieke

2. linux & mail

3. CUPS packaging: .cups not -cups

4. Two questions about DBM

5. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!

6. Multiple Postings - Multiple responses

7. CUPS filter setup

8. script privileges

9. CUPS filter error?

10. add a filter with cups using enscript?

11. CUPS without filters

12. CUPS filtering

13. cups-lpd doesn't filter print jobs