ISP Setup on Red Hat 5.1

Post by N. Sunder Raja » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

I have PPP setup on Red Hat 5.1 and have my modem working.
I cannot connect to one of my ISPs to the internet using PPP in Linux.

If anyone has the ISP dialup from Linux, can you
please send me the steps to configure ISP connection in Linux .

I tried ISP-Howto procedure, but did'nt help.

Rgds
Sunder

ISP Setup on Red Hat 5.1

Post by David Kirkpatric » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Need a better discription of what you have done.  Have you read
the
PPP-HOWTO.  Have you found and modified ppp-on and ppp-on-dialer?
What error messages are you getting back in /var/log/messags?
David Kirkpatrick

--

1. Red Hat 5.0 vs. Red Hat 5.1

Hello everybody - what a beautiful day it is! Let's not get to funked
up, and get yourself a nice little pink flower to put in a orange vase.
Then grab yourself a slice and sit down and enjoy yourself. It can be
done in lot's of different ways -- just go ahead and do it under the
green sun.

Well... Nevermind.

I'm planning to buy Red Hat 5.1 official to replace my Red Hat 5.0 with.
But before I do that I wonder if there are any disadvantages, hazards or
such with RH 5.1, compared to RH 5.0. Is the installation as safe (don't
forget LILO), and things such as X, sound-support, printers and ppp -
are they still well supported, and not buggy or so?

Thanks in advance,

/Henrik

By the way, don't let the opening of this letter make you think that I'm
not serious enough.

2. Disk Druid?

3. Can't Ping Outside ISP Connect Point (Red Hat 5.1)

4. Backing up Win95 w/Linux?

5. Another PPP & Red Hat 5.1 setup problem

6. Mandrake & c++

7. Modem setup on Red Hat 5.1

8. Default IP Address

9. USR 56k red hat 5.1 setup

10. newby setup. Red Hat 5.1

11. Red Hot Red Hat 5.1 Bundles

12. Red Hat 7.1 - Installing Red Hat packages after Red Hat is already installed.

13. Intel V2740 AGP and Red Hat linux 5.1 ???