WIRELESS LINKSYS PC CARD Compatibility?

Post by msherma » Tue, 10 Sep 2002 04:58:36

Any know any docs to point me to on configuring a Linksys Wireless PC
Card on RH 7.3?  The Linksys Wireless card i have is Model No.  WPC11
Ver 3.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

WIRELESS LINKSYS PC CARD Compatibility?

Post by Arun Devada » Tue, 10 Sep 2002 17:49:50

The standard PCMCIA package has all the data about this card.

To see whether you have PCMCIA configured put a
   tail -f /var/log/syslog
and insert the card.

You should hear two beeps and get a bunch of messages.

Arun

Check out www.linux-wlan.org. This will help you.

--
-Pete Buelow
replace nospam with putzin to email me back.

1. WIRELESS: Need help with Linksys Wireless PC Card (WPC11) & RedHat 7.0

I'm having a problem wrapping my brain around the requirements for
getting the Linksys Wireless PC Card functioning with my Linux
installation.  I have a Linksys Fast EtherLink XL CardBus PC card that
works fine with RedHad 7.0 with the provided configuration.

Has anybody done the setup work for this card that can provide me with
the settings and/or specific files?  I've been messing with
/etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts and /etc/pcmcia/config.opts, but I've not
been able to get the link to fire up.

I'd appreciate any help.  Thanks!

2. Does anyone have an example of a decent .netrc file?

3. WIRELESS LINKSYS PC CARD Compatability?

4. AIX X-WIndows errata

5. Setting up Linksys Wireless PC Card

6. CDE 1.0.2 unable to lock display

7. Linksys Wireless PC Card WPC11

8. * fortune program for Solaris? *

9. Linksys WPC54G Wireless Card

10. Newbie needs help with linksys wireless card

11. Wireless PCI Card Linksys WMP11

12. linksys wireless pcmcia card not working