Unable to connect

Post by John Beuvin » Wed, 22 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I've got rehat 7 installed and i have a microdyne exos 105 nic. A module
that can be loaded is lance.o. I don't know if this is the right module.
Than i can set up eth0 with the command
ifconfig eth0 up.
till now everything works fine ( i think,no errors at least)
to connect to the internet i use dhcp. I know this works fine because i can
connect with an other networkcard. I do change my mac adres in the
dhclient.conf file.
If i run dhclient my computer tries to connect. But after a while he says
'network ureachable'
I dont know if something is wrong. Maybe my card is broken or i have the
wrong module loaded.
Can someone help me who had the same problem ?
Please i'm desperate

1. Unable to connect to X server (errno = 111)

Has anyone ever seen the following when trying to start X after a fresh
install?

TRANS(SocketUNIXConnect) () can't connect: errno = 111
giving up.
xinit:  Connection refused (errno 111):  unable to connect to X server
xinit:  No such process (errno 3):  Server error.

When I use startx, the screen goes black, then when I switch from one
terminal to another and back, I can see that message, there is also messages
like:
(--) SVGA: Mode "1024x768" needs hsync freq of 56.48 kHz. Deleted.
(--) SVGA: Mode "1280x1024" needs hsync freq of 51.02 kHz. Deleted.

These are all high resolution, no 640x480 type stuff.  I'm at sort of a loss
on this because I've installed X on several machines before and never run
into anything worse than some minor problems with the XF86Config.

System Description:
AMD 5x86 133 processor
Genoa Phantom 64 1 meg ram
Gateway 2000 vivitron 15" monitor
20 meg ram
Ms Mouse
3Com 509 Ethernet card
Slackware 3.1  Linux 2.0.0  (Retrieved about August 12, almost directly
                             after the release)

Thanks!
  Phil
--

Stop businesses from taking your money and running!
The Complaint Desk http://flipside.ucs.bsu.edu/pshaffer/html/complaint.html

2. TruCluster, AdvFS to HP-UX

3. lynx is unable to connect

4. Free Seminar - How Can the Internet Improve Your Bottom Line?" - and "How to Publish on the Web?"

5. Unable to connect to server errors

6. Problems with DBM and DB!

7. unable to connect to X server

8. Behavior of // in SED

9. Help 5.0.4 Faststart server unable to connect to manager

10. FileZilla: SFTP "unable to connect"; FTP can't CD above homedir

11. Unable to connect....

12. Unable to connect to some host, while other box does

13. unable to connect to X server