Using IP Masq on a non-registered 129.64.100 network

Using IP Masq on a non-registered 129.64.100 network

Post by Tim Gibso » Tue, 29 Sep 1998 04:00:00

The previous net admin here at work setup up our network with IP address
in the class C subnet 129.64.100.0.  Unfortunately this subnet is not
registered and is not valid on the Internet.  I have tried setting up IP
Masq thru a Linux box but it doesn't like anything but 192.168 or
10.0...etc.  Is there anyway to implement this without changing our
whole netowork to valid IP addresses (192.168). This of course is not
feasible.  Thanks for you help.
BTW, we are currently using MS Proxy 2.0 and it is horrible.  Please
save me from this mess!

Using IP Masq on a non-registered 129.64.100 network

Post by Scot E. Wilcoxo » Thu, 01 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> The previous net admin here at work setup up our network with IP address
> in the class C subnet 129.64.100.0.

I hope you get it corrected to 192.168.*.* before that gets registered
someone and they get to collect all your loose packets.

Post by Anthony.Schlem.. » Fri, 02 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> The previous net admin here at work setup up our network with IP address
> in the class C subnet 129.64.100.0.  Unfortunately this subnet is not
> registered and is not valid on the Internet.  I have tried setting up IP
> Masq thru a Linux box but it doesn't like anything but 192.168 or
> 10.0...etc.  Is there anyway to implement this without changing our
> whole network to valid IP addresses (192.168). This of course is not
> feasible.  Thanks for you help.
> BTW, we are currently using MS Proxy 2.0 and it is horrible.  Please
> save me from this mess!

Ouch!!! You'd better hope that your subnet doesn't get registered by
any one. If any of your systems ever access the internet without the
use of a proxy server then things could be very interesting for you.
If you don't have any plans to register your subnet then you really
ought to plan on changing all of your IP addresses to use one of the
designated reserved subnet ranges like 192.168.*.*.

My $0.02,

Tony